VR template matching controllers - Teleporter breaks

Hello,

I am still getting to grips with everything. Adding meshes and creating simple blueprints to let me interact with stuff.

I am using the VR template. I want both controllers to have the same functionality. Both to create the teleport beam when you press forward and both to move you left or right when you move the stick in that direction.

I thought it would be as simple as copying and paste the blueprint for each action and then changing up the Input event and any reference from right to left. This worked for the left and right movement but it completely broke the teleport system.

Is there something I missed? What am I meant to do? Or could you direct me towards the correct solution?

Thanks

One simple way of setting it up for both hands is to read both axis values and pick the hand with the highest value.

Thank you.
I do not think I would have gotten to that solution. Still got a lot to learn. Playing with VR is probably not the best place to start. But it is a start, everything builds on everything before it.