VR Teleportation + Hotspot Shortcuts (help needed)

Hello Everyone,

I hope this is the right place for this question as I haven’t managed to find the answer I needed anywhere else yet.

Basically, I have a classic VR Pawn from the VR template and I’d like to jump to specific locations via keyboard shortcuts, but keeping the normal teleportation feature as well.

My first attempt was to use “Move Component to”, set the Root Component of the Pawn as target and some Target Points to move to. This ends up moving the pawn but not the camera.

My second attempt was to attach the pawn to an Dummy Actor and use the “Move Component to” on the Dummy. The problem here is that, if I jump back and forth from any Target Point it works, but if I start teleporting as well, the Pawn gets obviously offset from the dummy due to the parenting.

I am sure I am over complicating something more than I should but I am kind of stuck.

Do you guys have any solution for this?

Thanks a lot!

Raf

I use this for simple presentations all the time because I’m not always able to get the Navmesh working correctly. So I set up various of these fixed locations (“hot spots”) to set the client back if the teleports himself into oblivion.

Maybe that’s what you’re looking for. I am a complete beginner in Blueprints, but this was easy to understand and set up.

(the blue target node “TP UG” references an actor in the scene, an invisible Null-object in this case.)