VR scale issue

I’m looking to a different behavior to VR world to meters parameter and I don’t think it’s that crazy.

Now, when I put 50 instead of the default 100 everything doubles, as expected.
However you yourself keep the scale, especially the positional tracking.

I’m looking for a way to also scale the positional tracking along with the world scale. I’m currently experimenting with eliminating the positional tracking with applying the reverse offset and then reapply it to a different scale but moving from frame to frame there is some sort of drifting in total… Anyway, maybe there is a way to scale the world and the player along with it? I’m fine modifying the code if necessary.

Sorry if it was discussed before, I went through a lot of threads but I couldn’t find an answer.

Isn’t that exactly what would make you feel sick very quickly? You would move your head a bit, but your camera would shift a lot more, making you nauseous.

Thanks for the reply, I didn’t think about it as VR doesn’t make me sick (unless I turn too quickly with a mouse).

I’m thinking of rather changing scale in like becoming a TRex or a Jaeger so that i’m bigger, and the movements are proportional to my scale but I see them the right size (not model-sized). I’m almost there, I don’t notice the drift as much, I’ll maybe post my blueprint here, but there has to be an easier way.

It already does that. Maybe you’re not seeing it because going from 100 to 50 isn’t that big of a step.

In my project, I’m going the other way around - going from 100 to 1000 (and probably going to push it further) - to turn you into a giant… or shrink you into a toy world depending on how you look at it. :slight_smile:

It doesn’t seem to mess around with the IPD though, and there’s no hook to it in blueprints. I think there’s a console command for it but I haven’t played with that yet. Decupling your IPD is probably not a good idea anyway… :slight_smile: