VR Preview locked at 60fps with Vive

The first time I use VR Preview for the Vive after opening 4.9 fresh, I get a smooth 90fps. However, the second time and thereafter using VR Preview, the frame rate is locked to 60fps and the display is very juttery. This makes development very difficult, since closing and opening the editor on every test is a horrible iteration loop.

It seems like I’m not the only one seeing this problem Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

We’re having the exact same issue with the Vive and 4.9. Our machine is running a 980ti with up to date drivers. Builds also seem to be locked at 60fps.

We posted an issue regarding this on the UE4 AnswerHub as well - https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/296531/vive-locked-at-60-fps.html

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, thanks for reporting this. We’re investigating it now and will ask some questions on answerhub to help us out with the investigation.

User posted a solution on the AnswerHub that worked for us. He includes a screenshot of the correct monitor alignment.

Something to note - After rearranging the monitor layout we had to kill all of the Steam apps in the Task Manager before restarting UE4 or SteamVR.

Hope that helps!