Download

VR Pawn gains height but doesn't fall back when it steps onto something

Dear All,

I am experimenting with the Oculus Touch motion controllers. I have a simple level where a VR Pawn (derived from DefaultPawn) can move forward/backward/right/left using the Left Thumbstick and can rotate around the Z axis using the Right Thumbstick (pretty default motion control behavior).

I am experiencing a strange side effect though. When the Pawn steps onto something it gains some eye level height but then doesn’t fall back to the standard height once it steps off of it. From within the VR experience it is like becoming taller and taller respect to the floor level. Cool if you want to experience what it feels like turning into a giant, but annoying nevertheless! :frowning:

Has anyone experienced this before and knows how to fix it? What would be the best way to lock or “restore” the default eye level height for the Pawn? Gravity for the Pawn is enabled.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Marco.

Quick update after further investigations. It may be linked to the collision sphere inherited from the Default Pawn in connection with the fact I have been using a second collision capsule in the pawn hierarchy. Still not deterministic though. Any idea would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Marco.