VR Multiplayer packaged game freezing

My multiplayer packaged game freezes randomly and quite often. I am clueless as to what might be causing it. Everything works perfectly in the editor. Single player packaged game doesn’t freeze as often as multiplayer but it does happen in that mode as well. Any help would be much appreciated.

Its important to note that the game does not crash but rather freezes. The other player connected to the game however, can continue to operate. The game stops any input and the only option is close it via Task Manager. It happens randomly and we haven’t been able to identify any pattern.

We are developing a VR application for the Vive using SteamVR.

Could very large textures cause this? Any other possible reason why this could happen? Are we blocking the rendering thread?

I’m facing the same problem, too. Could someone please help out here?

Also, what’s even stranger is that the logs stop printing, so there’s no way to attempt debugging this. I’m working on a Windows 10 system with 16 GB RAM and GTX 1080 graphics card. The second system has the same OS and RAM but a GTX 970 GPU

My error was resolved after packaging the game in UE 4.12.5. Earlier, the packaging was done on UE 4.12.3.

EDIT - The error came back after a couple of days. The packaged build freezes randomly with no crash report or logs. Can someone please help?

While it seemed like upgrading the project to 4.12.5 helped initially, the game still hangs at random points. Could someone suggest a solution?