VR Mode - Oculus Quest - Controller Not Working

Hi,

I’m trying to do some UE4 editing in VR using the VR mode.

It’s partially working.
I am using an Oculus Quest with the Link.

The VR headset works when I start the VR Mode, but my Oculus Touch Controllers are not working.
I see the HTC Vive instead, and no button or functionality are working from my Oculus Touch Controllers.

It’s strange because Steam VR works and it recognize my Oculus Touch Controllers, but it doesn’t seem to be working in UE4 in the VR Mode.

Does anyone know if there is a way to have the proper controller show up and work in the VR Mode.

Thank you!

You should try without SteamVR. Disable the SteamVR plugin from Unreal and use the Oculus VR plugin only. Make sure SteamVR is not active/popping up when you launch your VR Experience. It should work properly. I believe Oculus Link and the SteamVR software are not going properly along in this setup.

Hey Thank you @vr_macro! :slight_smile:

Really appreciated.

I got it to work the other day, it’s now resolved.

Great, happy to hear that. You may want to answer your own question and mark this topic as solved so others can benefit from your experience.

how did you fix it @Ismotion?

Hi,

I have plugged and unplugged the headset a couple of time and also disabled Steam VR as mentioned above and it eventually worked.

Hope this helps.

not worked for me…

w/o steamvr plugin - vr preview is simply inactive (tried wired, air link and alvr)

but in ue5 - everything is just fine!

free and open alvr + steamvr is much faster than proprietary oculus air link btw :stuck_out_tongue:

Curious how you got it working. I have similar issues, plus some lol … I can either have the headset working with no controllers (have to disable oculusVR and completely uninstall SteamVR) or oculusVR enabled and headset not working. This really isnt a simple process by any means.