VR lagging

Greetings everyone,

I am currently facing an issue while utilizing virtual reality (VR) with Unreal Engine. I have created an empty project and successfully set up everything, achieving satisfactory results with both first-person and third-person perspectives. However, when attempting to use the VR Quest 2 headset, I am encountering significant lagging issues.

To troubleshoot this problem, I attempted to merge my project into a new VR template project. While this appeared to resolve the lagging problem, it resulted in the loss of shadows and reflections. Moreover, despite enabling Lumen and adjusting scalability settings, the quality did not improve as expected.

I am seeking assistance in identifying the underlying problem and finding a solution to enhance the VR experience on my PC, using a cable connection instead of relying on wireless (Wi-Fi) connectivity. It is crucial for me to retain the reflection and global illumination effects, as I have seen other projects that have achieved impressive results, indicating that there must be a solution to this issue.

Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to any insights or guidance you may have regarding this matter.

1 Like

Same issue pls help

1 Like