VR - high poly question - use pc graphic card instead of a low power snapdragon gpu

I got a question, I try to use vr-headset (i got the oculus 2) as a presentation tool in combination with the unreal 4 engine. I got heavy poly machines to show. They can be optimized, but not complete low-poly. I run a test on my PC completely (without the headset) smoothly. But if I use the VR-Oculus 2, it drives me crazy. Because the upload into the headset is extremely slow and than, the biggest problem is the 2fps speed and flickering. This is useless.

Is there any option to use the pc-graphic-card and the VR-headset only as a monitor? So the power comes from pc, VR headset as a display with rotation tracking.

But the Oculus 2, runs it with his own GPU. Did I need a new headset? Is there a secret option?

To use your Quest 2 tethered to your PC using it’s GPU get a link cable and install the Oculus app:
“To play Oculus Rift content on Quest 2, install the Oculus App on a compatible gaming computer, then connect your headset using the Oculus Link cable or similar high-quality USB 3 cable.”

Air Link is a thing nowadays too. Wireless PCVR is the future and the Quest 2 is the best platform for it.

1 Like

Hi @redlinejoe

Thanks for that information!

We’re using wireless VR via the whole Virtual Desktop and Streaming-setup, but Air Link sounds nice too. But it seems like, at least for me, the update for the Quest 2 isn’t available right now. So let’s wait … :nerd_face: