I see posts here about work integrating the Rift into Unreal. I was wondering if anyone was working on integration with (multiple) projection surfaces. I work in a lab with access to a CAVE system. I have a student over the summer working on getting Unity in a CAVE, and I’d like to get something Unreal in there as well. Unfortunately, I have zero Unreal development experience, so other than having already purchased the UE4 source, I’m overwhelmed on where to start.
Things I’m interested in…
- Active stereoscopic 3D (frame interlaced); either OpenGL or D3D (Win7 is strongly preferred)
- Multiple non-planar display surfaces
- User head and hand tracking. Integration with VRPN or TrackD preferred.
- Asymmetric camera projection frustums. Combine with head tracking to create 1:1 scale view.
- Multi-host cluster support large numbers of display outputs.
The closest thing I’ve seen is CaveUDK (http://hci.uni-wuerzburg.de/projects/caveudk.html) which is awesome, but not available for public release.