VR Expansion Plugin

The Holding controllers array has the motion controller, which if you get the owner of is the containing pawn.

Hey Everyone,

I’m trying to figure out how to change the height of the VR character but not having any luck (I’m just in the example project).

I found Camera > Crouched eye height and Base Eye Height in the Vive_PawnCharacter but nothing changes when I adjust them.

Any suggestions?

The vrcharacter uses the tracked floor as the root, if you want the player to be non realistically leveled, you can either lower the base component (net smoother), alter the capsule offset upwards which effectively lowers the players perspective (likely the best method for something like a crouch), use eye level VR / reset orientation and position, or change world to meters scale.

Just keep in mind that if you are artifically lowering someone that that won’t prevent their relative space tracked devices from clipping into the raised floor unless it is by changing world to meters.

New patch commit: 4.26 Patch Notes – VR Expansion Plugin

Hello ,
As I want to make the player to be able to move in the cabin, how would I make the buttons to be physically simulated?
I believe that it would be more robust to do it using physics than delay or you would disagree? If so how should I pursue adding the delay?

Furthermore I did try to make it work with attachToActor, but the character became faster than the train so I did as per one of your suggestions to change from walking mode. I was not sure how to do that, so I disabled movement, but I got the same result. Is there anything else I would need to do?

SetMovementMode : None

attaching with a movement mode active is going to cause issues.

As for physical buttons, just constraining a cap to a base and detecting it bottoming out via an overlap zone or manual checks against the constraint linear position works fine.

How should I approach on upgrading my project from ue4.25 to ue4.26?
I have already created bunch of dirrefent kind of guns and modified the vive_pawn a lot on ue4.25, but there’s few oculus related things in ue4.26 that I would need.
​​​​​​

You follow: 4.26 Patch Notes – VR Expansion Plugin

I’ll note that 4.25 - 4.26 is a harder than normal upgrade as some interface changes were made to prep for ue5. You don’t have to worry about the BP changes coming from an established project if you don’t want to deal with that part of it, those changes were made to clean up the example template going forward.

Thank you for your help on previous problem.

I do also have one minor another problem too.
If I have started the listen server on one computer and joined the session with another computer and moved around the guns, when I connect third pc to session, the guns seem to float in air on that new client approximately at the points, where they were dropped (released grip) and cannot be picked up. I’m guessing they stop replicating, when released, but they do fall from the release position to ground after that. Is there simple way to replicate the current position to other clients?
I can take a video of the problem if it’s unknown until now…?

You just need to get your replication settings correct, don’t “Load on client” objects that you want in their initial positions, make sure that replicated and replicate movement is true and make sure that you don’t have them set as static (there are issues with collision and moveable static components in multiplayer).

You just have something misconfigured, objects don’t “stop replicating” when released unless they never were to begin with, on release the plugin restores their original replication settings.

Thank you. I’ll check the replication settings.

We had a blast today at the virtual office with the Team!
If I only learn to get the replications set up correctly, then will be useful!
VR Expansion toolkit, advanced sessions and Epic online Services for crossplatform experience!

Your net looked a bit saturated in that video, the hands were lagging when moving objects around on the whiteboard.

How would I go about Grabbing an Actor at the pivot point of the static mesh component of that Actor?
when I grip a grippable static mesh actor now, it grabs it at the point where the hand is, I want the actor to snap to the hand at the static meshes pivot or center of object.
The reason being that I’m changing the static mesh at the moment of grip, and the new static mesh is smaller so it is not in the hand anymore, its floating under of over the hand depending on where i grabbed the actor in the first place.

The default implementation is to set a socket on the mesh where you want the grip to happen using the prefix name of VRGripP. Then if you wanted multiple locations you would make other sockets with VRGripP2 ect.

You can override GetClosestSocketInRange to pass out any location (components, splines, procedural) though instead if you want on the object.

As for the scaling, you would need to either do it before the grip initiates, account for it in the grip, or modify the grip transform post grip to account for it. Gripping stores a relative transform that it tries to keep objects too.

Hi I have been trying to get the laser beam for the pulling objects to always be turned on and not have it where I have to toggle a key. Where would I go change that?
Also I had a question, does anyone know where the laser beam checks to see if it is hitting an object? I want to add in a highlighting to the object when the laser beam hits it.

It checks in the BP Teleport Controller blueprint.

And you could run the ToggleLaserBeam function a little after begin play and detach the input events that toggle it

Hey!
Could you give a brief explanation on how the procedural mesh works with the slicer / slicer-dummy?
I struggle to get it to slice properly inside of VR however; it seems to work just fine when on PC and im not sure as to why or how that makes sense, haven’t really touched anything thus far.

Version: 4.26.1
Headset: Oculus Quest 2

Well it slices better when already simulating physics, more so in low fps situations, it also requires that the “sword” be active by holding the interaction button down to highlight the edge.

I would say that using a physically simulating sword or tracing ahead would provide better results, however it was just a quick mockup showing the logic of slicing.

Is there a way to use plugin to grab thin stacked objects like a stack of playing cards, or do I need to switch to raycast grabbing? I currently have a stack of playing cards attached to the BP_PickupCube blueprint, which does work but it is very difficult to only pickup the top card without grabbing multiple cards or a card(s) as well unless you can keep the trace sphere at the perfect height to not touch the cards below. Any suggestions would be much appreciated on how to just grab only the top card in the stack.