VR Expansion Plugin

target 21 was working fine for me when I tested just yesterday (4.25 does require an NDK update). 4.25.3 in general has some android issues though, as for NDK being required to be a specific version for VRE itself, no its not.

I did get an issue report of two days ago, but as I said, I cannot reproduce in template and have other users on 4.25 with quest running just fine currently. What specific settings are you using?

Hello , I have some strange collision behaviour with the grasping hands, The Root Physics Collision that selects the object that I want to grab, overlaps stuff on the right hand but blocks the objects and world statics on the left hand. Do you have an idea of how to fix or what I could potentially have done wrong?

I did not change any of the blueprint settings on the left hand, it’s all still inherited from the right one.

Are your collision settings different on the two for you?

Hi, thanks for your response last time, I am still working on some stuff relating to the last question so may ask an updated question sometime

For a different question: Is there a way when doing multi-gripping on a mesh, finding which hand is using the object? For context I’ve got a steering wheel type thing with triggers on each hand and so want interactions based upon which hand is pulling the trigger, and was wondering if I can use the existing using code. If it’s something ontop that I should add where would you recommend adding it?

Thanks again

Generally for more complex inputs it would be best to have the wheel as an actor and directly bind to input inside of it. You can listen to any action then and sample from the wheel itself (like how the car binds to input for FPS pawns to drive).

You could also use a seperate interface to control custom input, or use the OnInput grip interface function and pass in anything you want.

Generally though, listening to inputs is what you want here, and you can do it from a containing actor instead if you don’t want to place the wheel in its own actor. Binding lets you have any complexity of inputs per object, and is the reason why the OnUsed isn’t extended beyond a base use.

No, they are exactly the same

If true, then it can’t actually do that? What do you mean blocks world statics? As In it doesn’t throw overlaps or is stopped by them?

Thanks for the response.

I had a look at the issue below and it’s exactly the same set of circumstances.

https://github.com//VRExpansionPlugin/issues/5

I’ve followed the same guides to get set up with Android Studio etc. (I even just happen to have reformatted my machine, so nothing random should be hanging around).
I have added the plugin to a fresh project with no references to it at all and I get the same result as my main project, black screen (though I can see my guardian boundary) and logcat ouput appears to pause.
Just for clarity, I’ve tried various combinations of pre-built VRE binaries with official UE4.25.3 binaries or building from source.
I have also tried all of the same things with the Oculus branch of UE4.25.3, everything built from scratch.
I haven’t tried launching the VRE Template, though I suspect I’ll get the same results.

The android notes are still for pre 4.25 I think? What NDK version are you using currently? It requires a newer version for 4.25.

Not to mention that there are also numerous other android issues with 4.25 currently from what I have read in the update thread (which i am not getting personally).

I can’t debug a prelaunch crash when not even using the plugin modules though, more so when I can’t reproduce it personally.

The start\stop network voice works but only one sided, the other guys in game can hear me but when they try to talk i cant hear them (i am the host now), its not a server\client issue because even when we restart the game and one of them hosts the game everyone can still hear me (i am the client now) but i cant hear any of them and they cant hear each other.

I’m thinking maybe is a network speed issue, as i have the fastest internet of the bunch (fiber optics with 100 MB upload and 1 GB down), is there a way to set the network voice bandwidth higher? let it work on slower connections?Or maybe its a different issue all together?

before you ask, yes all the .ini file configurations are set up.

it’s stopped by it, sorry for the vague explanation

Start/Stop networked voice is for push to talk locally, it sounds like you may be calling it wrong? Its named that way because the engine functions are named that as well.

If you want to literally mute other players then you will want to unregister them as talkers, or mute them with the respective functions. Unregistering local talkers should prevent the voice data from being sent out as well if you want server wide muting.

As for bandwidth, default engine bandwidth settings don’t play well with VOIP since it routes through the same bandwidth limits as the rest of the engine and causes saturation easily. So if you have stock engine limits (VR template does not, but its still fairly conservative) then you will want to adjust the network speed caps.

Then the sphere is set to full collision instead of query only in its collision settings.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Am i calling it wrong? (included 2 images with the INI settings, am i missing a setting?, and also the way i call the start\stop networked voice, am i missing a blueprint node? or maby im not calling it in the right blueprint? is it suppose to be located in the player controller?)
How and where do i adjust the network speed caps?

Hello and thanks for your work. Epic should hire you since working on default engine was just rediculous
Had a stupid question but got it working

Yeah that would be how you would use it to locally turn it on, as for the net rates, they were in that first config SS, client rate and net speeds.

Hi again,
i am trying to change recoil parameters of the GunTools script during runtime in order to apply changes to the gun recoil when attachments are being attached to the gun. According to my debugging my changes are being passed all the way into the script (using a reference to the gun tools script and the Set nodes for respective values), however the ingame gun recoil doesn’t change. Should i be able to change gripscript properties during runtime or am i on the wrong track?
Cheers

Edit: In the meantime i found that my runtime adjustments to the properties of GunTools script work, however actual gameplay recoil is only affected if “Apply recoil as physical” is unchecked. If recoil is applied as physical the changes to properties have no effect. Would you briefly ellaborate why is? Thx in advance!

Physical recoil applies it as an actual physical force, once that force is applied there is no other logic running to change the recoil any, there is no decay time or recovery time, I let the physics engine handle it based on the grip strength and the force that was imparted.

The non physical recoil is logical, not physical, so those parameters are used.

The equivalent of that with the physical recoil would be raising / lowering the imparted force applied per recoil instance, which would lower or raise the amount of recoil. Also could adjust the mass or grip strength to make it recover quicker too.

That makes it chrystal clear, thank you very much for your explanation!

Sorry for the newbie questions. To what extent are people just reusing the assets in the example project? I’m coming from a Unity background using VRTK and then SteamVR example assets. I’ve got the example project going and like what I see. But then when I go to the tutorial videos by Raven it seems he is building a lot of stuff that seems to be already implemented. Interactable objects, teleporting ui, etc. Just a bit confused. I appreciate that there is a ton here but still confused as how to use it and understand fully what was done… If it is not obvious I’m a hobbyist, so don’t have professional project requirements right now.