VR Expansion Plugin

You can do it either way, or both, the physics prop objects in the current versions of the template for example handle it with multi grip and lower constraint settings with one hand, then if you turn on the mass based throwing it scales the release velocity based on mass too.

You should try picking up the cinder block in the example template in 4.24+

Have a new post about starting migration to github for the repositories.

https://vreue4.com/github-migration

I want to make grabbed object follow at a late speed, but when I use TInterpTo,
if the character moves, the grabbed object falls behind as much as the delay, so there is a problem.
Is there any way to provide feature or to do it in the plug-in?

Unsure where you are running your TInterpTo from but as long as it is post character movement there shouldn’t be an issue, you need to manage your tick ordering.

Okay, I’ve been really struggling to try and figure out what magic you did to get all the primitive collision shapes attached to a single physics body for the grasping hands. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Also thanks a million for the plugin!

Good morning,
I am new to virtual reality.
First of all I want to congratulate you on the work done, it is very useful for learning.
Lately I am testing version 4.24,
I am very curious to understand if it is possible to allow to attack and detach the door key by holding it.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks for the work you do.

Generated them for each bone, then welded them to the root bone. I noticed though that in 4.25 the interface changed and it is a bit harder to find the weld option.

Yes you can attach and detach it, I actually think it already does that. I just hadn’t gotten around to letting it turn in the slot.

Regardless, even If I didn’t leave the attach logic in, its easy enough to do yourself with DropAndSocket.

Has anyone had experience with implementing plugin with Yuri IK plugin (https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…uct/vr-ik-body). My Characters hands are not smooth when im using UVRIKBody::AttachHandToComponent function to grip my weapon

If its a physical weapon you will need to change the tick order of the skeletal mesh to be post physics. Otherwise the ik mesh will update its position prior to the final object location.

Just migrated and fixing a few things up in 4.25… Haven’t replaced our references to the default inherited you just added back yet. Will let you know of any issues that arise with the montages and replication once things are fixed.

Hey, i have an issue with the grasping hands.

Basically, what ive done is use the grasping hands on top of a grip script i wrote that allows me to write custom hand poses on a per object socket basis, however, i would rather not have to create two poses per socket (one for left hand one for right hand) so what i wanted to do was to replace the left grasping hand with a right hand, just negatively scaled on the y axis. When i do however, the offset messes up. Grabbing objects with a custom grab type breaks them. Whenever i grab an object the hand will flip upside-down, and have a new offset. Whenever i let go the offset is completely different. Its really strange.

I noticed you had a negatively scaled mesh in one of the earlier example templates. You did claim it came with a few issues.

Normally i would bite the bullet and just use 2 poses, and use the default hand. However, i have 2 arm and hand meshes, one attached to each hand, and use a transform bone and fabrik node to keep the hands in possition. On top of that i use a copy pose from mesh node to get the finger curls and grab animations. works fine for the right hand/arm, but the left hand/arm messes up and deforms into a nightmare demon-looking thing. Its hard to explain. See the attached photo for what i mean.

49c870fbf4843626643de89499f20bb1be549962_1_690x343.jpg](filedata/fetch?id=1773431&d=1591703400)
Im pretty sure is an issue with the left graspping hand, as it works with the right hand fine, and the bone structure on the left arm/hand mesh is identical to the left grasping hand.

I had a similar issue with the left hand, when I tried to simply assign my hand mesh to the left hand skeleton. What I did was just copying over the grasping hand anim bp to a new anim bp based on my hands own skeleton.

Having seperate hands is because of how the engine handles simulating inversely scaled meshes, the simulation is incorrect and flipped and doesn’t account for it (neither collision nor position are correct). So you have to offset to account for that then, then when you attach to something you have to account for it again, it gets really messy to deal with, so a community member made a left hand mirror mesh for me to use instead.

If you are using non physical (not simulating) hands then you can use the inversed mesh fine as it won’t have those problems, you just need to spawn another right hand instead of the left hand mesh.

Like :

It will work fine as long as your attachment transform nodes look like in the copy you have:

I revised the attachment transform logic to be a lot cleaner later on and just convert to world space and base off of there to avoid FTransform issues with inversing offscale transforms (had to use Matrix’s to get around it before that). I don’t know how old your copy you are working off of is. The current one threw the offsets into a function also as it also added in secondary gripping offsets.

Edit I’ll note that the spawn picture is showing an addition transform as I changed them to center and rotate to match real life hands, you may want to try out the latest 4.25 copy of them.

See above, left hand is a seperate bone structure as with physics mode turned on, inversed scale screws over a ton of things.

Non simulating hands can be two right hands with one inversed just fine.

Sorry If I missed it, but has anyone successfully had amazing plugin run on 4.25.1 with Android/Mobil VR (specifically Quest)? If so, anyone want to help a fella? My understanding is that previous versions of UE would need to be uninstalled or would no longer work properly because of the updated NDK/SDk. I would like to know if can run on the newest Oculus branch and what steps to get it all together. Thank you to anyone with info.

I updated NDK in 4.25 preview and had it running since then on quest. Console will print out which packages are missing and you can upgrade to them. Oculus branch shouldn’t be any different there.

hi. .

I watched youtube(Put it on arms - YouTube) related to upper body ik.
Is the code related to the upper body ik submitted to the template? or is it already submitted?

No, i’m back to playing around with it, but there are parts of it that I am just not happy with, so unless it gets cleaned up to the standards I set, it won’t be pushed to the plugin. The goal isn’t to make “IK” in general, its to make a more accurate upper body model, if its not appreciably better than alternatives then I don’t have a reason to support it.

Right now the actual movements are far more 1:1 than other options, what I am not happy with is edge cases and some of the fixes for those lowering the quality of the overall model.

i updated the grasping hand blueprint but the mesh deforming issue is still present. The image i shown was just something similar. The only node i have in my animbp was a “copy pose from mesh” node hooked up to the grasping hand mesh. The actuall mesh deforms way more than the image shows.