VR Expansion Plugin

Is it possible to apply vr grip interface to skeletal meshes? I want to make a bow but at the beginning I cant grab the object with skeletal mesh or is it wrong?

GrippableSkeletalMeshActor is already interfaced, but yeah you can manually add the interface to any object as well.

Thank you for quick answer.

All repositories master branches have been moved over to 4.24, patch notes for 4.24 are here: 4.24 Patch Notes – VR Expansion Plugin

Hello, I ve just started to explore the VREP for a few days (Thank you for that !).

I ve an issue to snap a sword to the hand at the socket location on the object. I watched the videos and read the Basic Gripping – VR Expansion Plugin tutorial and it only works when I grab the “perfect” location of the VRGripP1. Is is possible to extend the snap to the entire sword ? Thanks !

There are a few ways to do it first two are without changing any of the actual BP logic.

#1. Override GetClosestSocketInRange function in the sword itself and always pass out the socket location and true no matter what. will make it always snap to the location. You can use the same setup to pass out component locations or find the closest point on a spline to use instead, ect.

#2. Increase the socket range of the primary grip on the interface settings to be much higher, even up to the full size of the entire object. Its currently in local space so scaling won’t effect it.

#3. Use any method that you wish using a custom interface or components to handle passing the transform to the grip function, you can change anything you like, like adding a “Grip zone” component to it and checking for one when going to grip and using that instead,

Thank you ! I tried the first solution and it run perfectly !

Is plugin support character hand ik collision with physic object? like boneworks,thank you .

That doesn’t really have anything to do with the plugin itself, they are using physical animations which to an extent is a built in part of the engine (they are using an extensive unity plugin dedicated to it). Granted your IK options to run that off of in engine are currently fairly limited, but you can handle the actual interactivity with : https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/…ile/index.html

Keep in mind that a good setup will take a lot of tweaking and iteration on limits and forces.

It was almost perfect… It works when the sword is motionless. But when I throw my sword upward and try to grab it in flight the sword doesn’t snap at the “perfect” position anymore.
Any clue ? Thanks :slight_smile:

Edit : It works when I use component instead of mesh sockets for snapping :slight_smile: . Any idea why ?

There is no real reason why that would differ unless you are sampling old positions

If been testing around with the vr expansion template trying to figure it all out as im still pretty new to the unreal engine :slight_smile: like it allot some nice features like the car handeling mechanics and all.
Before i would do anything i wanted to test out the multiplayer performance so i made a build of the template sended it to a friend of mine to see if we could join each other and see all the movements.
To my dissapiontment it did not work with a clean template to find each other servers.
Is because i forget to do a neede setup step?

The default state of the template will require steam to be running, and it is using the test AppID for steam so you will both also need to be on the same download region in steam settings as the test AppID is region locked.

Hi :

To enable the previous version of VRExpPluginExample to build in UE 4.24 win64, the following files of Plugins need to be checkout with these changes :

1 - Plugins\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSteamSessions\Source\AdvancedSteamSessions\Private\AdvancedSteamFriendsLibrary.cpp:

@ line 330:
//Setting some Parameters for the Texture and finally returning it
//Avatar->PlatformData->NumSlices = 1; // prior < 4.24
Avatar->PlatformData->SetNumSlices(1); // 4.24 IMPLEMENTATION

2 - Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.cpp

@ line 400:
//NewRenderTarget2D->PlatformData->NumSlices = 1; // prior < 4.24
NewRenderTarget2D->PlatformData->SetNumSlices(1); // 4.24 IMPLEMENTATION

and @ line 1107:
//OutTexture->PlatformData->NumSlices = 1; // prior < 4.24
OutTexture->PlatformData->SetNumSlices(1); // 4.24 IMPLEMENTATION

Regards,

​​​​​​​Thiago

I believe we were but i will test it out later to make sure thanks for fast response

the 4.24 version of the plugins already have all of that changed, you should be updating the plugins directly on new versions or pulling inchanges.

Has anyone tried getting a small gun to work? I changed the skeletal mesh of the basegun and it stops firing. I’ve adjusted fireloc and even tried forcing the logic to always fire. It only fires when I use the included skeletal mesh.

The template gun does some logic to disable firing if not held at the handle socket, you can remove that logic or add a handle socket to your new mesh.

Or override GetClosestSocketInRange and pass out a component that you move around instead.

Getting exception today (yesterday worked fine, no changes).

Only thing that changed is new version of steam vr. 1.9.13

Here is the error

Ug…yeah the beta version of SteamVR was crashing for people, guess they took it live without fixing it first. isn’t something that I can fix for you though.