VR Content Examples

Sorry, not Thumbpad 1 but FaceButton 1

Have you had any problems with a crash when launching the trace interaction level? I have noticed that UE4 seems to be crashing with a TeleportChaperoneBounds error on either the TeleportArea or TeleportBounds actor. I seems to work as long as I play first from the default level, then change levels and goto the Trace Interaction level. After that it works indefinitely until I shutdown SteamVR then it has the problem again. Drove me crazy for a while to figure out what was going on but still can’t exactly figure out how to make it work without this workaround.

Thanks,

I got this crash also, it only happens on that one map

I’m not too sure what you mean by a real button event, currently I believe there are no good ways to do this with official UMG widgets and blueprints only. But my buttons should act just like normal buttons as in they have delegate methods for all the onClicked, OnHovered etc. that UMG buttons have

Sure, just make sure to make a pull request on

I have, I actually contributed to it in the early stages, I haven’t had a look in a little bit though so I’ll check out the latest version

Very odd, it sounds like it has something to do with Ue4’s chaperone component, I’ll do some testing to see if I can replicate it on my end

Edit Ok, I don’t believe it’s the chaperone component, I wasn’t able to reproduce the bug however I just pushed a new build to fixing an instance mesh shadow bug that may help

Sure here’s how to do it

First move this if statement before the trace logic so we don’t trace when we don’t have to

Next create a sequence node and attach it to the button up as well as both the trace down and trace up

Next add a new pin to the sequence
on the button down show the trace visualiser
then call trace leave on the focused object
then reset the focused object
and finally hide the trace visualiser

Lastly add these doOnce nodes to the motion controller detection

If you want I just updated the master with the changes pretty much made for you :slight_smile:

great work
thx alot

I’m trying to make longbow work
but:(

Am I the only one who is not able to see these attachments?

Weird, I think the forum deleted them, should be fixed now

Hey , thank you for this, it’s really helpful. This probably has a simple answer, but I’ve been poring over the VR_Trace_Interaction example the past few days and I can’t seem to work out how you have rendered the circle “crosshair” to the center of the viewport, can you please tell me how you’ve done that?

Are you going to be making videos going over how each thing works or is it just a “take these blueprints and figure it out” sort of deal? I’ll work my way through the menu thing eventually but it would be nice to get some insight as to why you are doing certain things so I can decide what I want to use and what I don’t need.

Sure, in the Pawn there is a 3D widget as a child of the camera, if you click on it you can see the widget with the circle

Yeah, I’m definitely going to be making videos covering it, the last couple of weeks I’ve had a pretty hectic workload but hopefully that’ll die down a bit over the next couple of weeks and I can start making videos again

Hey !

Thanks a lot! Eternally grateful to you Sir. Will check it out. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

HI ,THANKS FOR SHARE THIS!
YOU ARE MY HERO!
but
I got some problem :frowning:
When I open new level in VR Content Examples
and set a game mode with the TraceinteractionPawn.

see the pic here

The traceliser and area line have two different loctaions in every eye.
only the teleport point is ok.

but in your Content Examples levels everything is ok!

I believe you are right. Sometimes is would also crash on shadow issue. And sometimes at a teleport bounds. But the fix remained the same for both. I bet that shadow bug got it. Will test later today. Thanks!

I also had this issue pop up in one of my projects out of nowhere. I just redid the project and added back in all my assets and it went away. Even cleared all the folders first and rebuilt. I feel like this has to be more of a UE4/Vive(In my case) issue.

Hey guys, for those of you wanting documentation, I’ve been working on the wiki. It’s still a work in progress but I’ll be adding to it over time

Sweet this will be a huge help.

hi ,I create a new level to test the Trace Interaction,but in HMD they have different locations in left eye and right eye.I don’t know why ,in your Content Examples level.My device is steam vr.

Hi when I set teleportarea hidden in game it also hides the teleport trace and I can’t see where I am teleporting to. So how can I turn on the trace and leave the teleport area hidden in game?