VR assembly training

Hey Community,

just wanted to show you my first complete VR project. As part of my bachelor thesis in Automotive Engineering (I’m not a programmer) I developed a virtual assembly training with help of Unreal Engine 4, which is mainly suitable for teaching purposes in training and further education, but also for assembly and shoring investigations and serves the visualization of technical components. The aim of the application is to learn various working steps up to the replacement of the two overhead camshafts (DOHC) of a four-cylinder engine. The instruction of the working steps is carried out with the help of a small “Head-Up-Display”, which is positioned at the wrist of the user. To simplify the work steps, a universal tool for carrying out the assembly simulation was integrated. The entire project is based on the Blueprints Visual Scripting System of the Unreal Engine 4. The models used come from the exchange platform grabcad.com and are therefore subject to its legal regulations regarding private and commercial use.

Special thanks go out to @vr_marco who gave me the best introduction in Blueprint Visual Scripting I could imagine.

Please have a look and feel free to share your opinion about it.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khvh…ature=youtu.be

The assembly part begins at 3:55 min.

Greetz

Great job ! The final product came out really well. You should be really proud of it.

@vr_marco or @Aapeminsch

do you guys mind if you shared a simple project that contain this assembly or disassembly?
​​​​​​​thx in advance.

Really neat… Thanks for sharing… :slight_smile: