Volumetric Clouds in Front of Landscape

Volumetric Clouds had been working fine in this project for several months. Now it seems they want to be in front of everything including the landscape. This occurs across all levels in the project. I delete/hide the clouds and everything else displays as it should, then when I bring them back…

While I’m supposed to get something like this:

When my viewpoint gets closer to the ground I see this:

Happens even if I delete and replace with a new actor. I’m assuming it’s a project issue since it happens across all levels but I’m now sure what. I’ve tried changing between SM5 and SM6 makes no difference. Is this a bug or did I hit a switch I wasn’t aware of?

Anyone? Lowering the “Layer Height” helps show the issue clearer.

So not sure what the core issue was seems it was some kind of conflict with Ultra Dynamic Sky. I had switched from UDS to Volumetric clouds but I guess I had them both in the scene at same time and that caused something to happen. I was able to fix it by placing UDS back into the scene then deleting it. Hope this helps someone as it’s a weird bug.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I’m having exactly the same problem and can’t figure it out. I’m about at the point where I will just re-install the engine.

Edit: Just read the last reply. I did a fresh install of 5.4 and the issue still persists. I never had installed UDS.

Edit2. I made some quick cubes to show how the there is a cut off point where everything looks normal, but beyond that zone, the clouds go in front of any mesh.