Volumetric Cloud Render Problem

I am trying to render a scene with volumetric clouds in sequencer and I am getting these results:

I’ve only changed the CloudWeatherTexture to fix the tiling. Anyone know what’s going on?

1 Like

It looks like your skydome is rendered before the static meshes, but behind the volumetric clouds. It is hard to tell what is going on in your scene. Your description of your problem is rather vague, so its hard to say what is causing this.

After some testing the solution was pretty simple. I was rendering out the first frame and because the clouds are a screen-based effect it needs some time to resolve. Adding some Delay Before Warm Up in the Movie Scene Capture settings in Sequencer fixed it.

Hi Twads,
how exactly did you fix this? I’m having the same issue when switching cameras in sequencer, however I can’t find any option to set a pre render warm up function. The only thing I can think of is to add one black frame before and after switching the camera perspective, but this might be also disturbing for the viewer.

Best regards,
Chris

I don’t know if it was glitching out but I marked my solution. Do you need a more in depth explanation?

Yes plz! Where did you add the delay? Are you using any blueprints? I’m using sequencer only.

The Delay Before Warm Up is in the legacy Movie Scene Capture settings when you go to render out a sequence. I was only using sequencer for this render I believe.

Ah ok, now I get it! You are rendering it out as a movie, but I’m making a game with realtime cutscenes. Looks like there is no real solution for this, the only thing, I can think of, is to edit the volumetric rendering system, which is not a practical option for me. But thanks anyway for replying!

Yeah doing this in real time is more challenging but I’m pretty sure I only had this issue at the beginning of a render. From what I remember I didn’t have any issues later in the render, even going from looking at the ground to looking at the sky. It might be that you just need to be clever about how you start your cutscenes. Regardless, good luck.