VMem super high and GPU Visualizer - BasePass and PrePass seem really high

I’ve gone though this map very thoughly. I have set up LODs, have no UV issues, optimized the lighting, all the foliage has LODs etc. I’m getting decent fps … but what I don’t get is why I have some really high performance hits.

1. My VMem is insanely high (over 18GB!)… and Game ms and GPU ms seem to be very high as well

2. My BasePass and PrePass seem to be really high too

What is strange too… is even on a super basic map… may Mem and VMem are still super high. Nearly 3gb on Mem and 18GB on VMem

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong and how I can reduce the memory drain?
Thank you for the help

Hi, don’t check performance in editor, you will get wrong results (cause the editor also uses up a lot of performance which can vary depending on what assets you have or had open and you will see both what your game uses plus what the editor uses). Standalone or packaged game should be better.

Also make sure you do not cap your framerate (first image looks capped at 60 fps).

For vram usage I found the render resource viewer very helpful (in UE 5.3 under Tools → Render Resource Viewer) which shows you all the assets that use vram and sorted by the amount of vram they use. But that will show you all the vram the editor currently uses, so you could set the level you want to debug as the default starting level and then restart the editor (so it clears the vram of the other assets or levels you have/had open). Then from there you can find what uses most vram and optimize that (most likely too large textures).