Vive Plugin Priority with Oculus Drivers Installed and Vive Motion Controller and Static Model

Hi,

I have two questions:

1. I can’t get the Vive to auto-detect unless I change the BaseEngine.ini and change the order so SteamVR has a priority of 20.

[HMDPluginPriority]
; Since SteamVR also works with the Oculus Rift, give priority to the native Oculus plugin before trying SteamVR
OculusRift=10
SteamVR=20

In the editor if I don’t disable the Oculus plugin I can’t do a preview by default on the Vive. Is there something that can auto-detect properly and enable the right HMD?

1. For the motion controller support for the Vive controllers they appear to be quite far from my head when in the HMD, the motion appears to be a mirror image of what I’m doing with the wands, and their range of motion is rather small. Has anyone had success getting a reasonable setup for the wands in UE4 with the right sizes and distances?

hi hesham,

I can’t help you with the first question but relating to your second question this video helped me get the vive motion controllers up and running in about 10 minutes, skip to about 23 mins in:

I would also make sure that your world to meters value is set to 100 as the controllers will be out of proportion/offset incorrectly.

Hope that helps.

So jealous of both of you.