[Vive] Items won't rigidly mimic controller movement

So, I finally figured out how to pick up items using my Vive controller. Now I can’t figure out why the item basically floats around when I’m holding it. The item being picked up is a gun and I want it to snap to the orientation of the controller, but it moves around as if it’s floating in the air if that makes any sense. If I move too quickly, the barrel will point up instead of where I’m pointing it, or in other directions. I’m also struggling some to get the gun in the right position. It sits right next to the static mesh of my Vive controller as if the mesh is a static object that it can’t overlap, but I want it to be in the exact same position so that it is overlapping the controller.

It sounds like you might be manually updating the gun transform on the tick, instead, have you tried parenting the gun to a Motion Controller component on the player pawn? That should achieve the snap you want.

For alignment or any offsets needed, you can try loading one of the Vive controllers into UE4 and temporarily add it to your weapon Actor to align the gun model. If you have SteamVR installed, the Vive models are within the same directory …\Steam\SteamApps\common\OpenVR\resources\rendermodels