Visual studio compiler wrong path (how to change?)

Good job figuring out the problem. Had me bang my head against the wall for hours while reinstalling both visual studio and UE multiple times. This worked, cheers!

Just came across this and still works! UE 4.19.2 VS2017

Iā€™m having a similar problem but could not understand the solution given here. Could you tell me exactly the changes to be made on the registry editor?

Add new string value with name ā€œ15.0ā€, then right-click and modify the data of this new value to your path mines was ā€œE:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VCā€. Then remove old reference to ā€œ14.0ā€

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
It works!!! even when you think it doesnā€™t work, read through all the comments get to the 2 above follow those clearly and you are thereā€¦ EVERYTIME!!! GOD SEND thank you so much!!!
You are the best!

Hello Matan19,
I have been this issue for the last three days and I couldnā€™t solve it. I create a new string value on the directory but this isnā€™t work I take screnshot of regedit panel. Here is the ss.

Iā€™m stuck with this error for three days. I donā€™t know what should i do? I also create a new question in the forum but couldnā€™t get appropriate answers. No compiler was found! - Installation & Setup - Unreal Engine Forums

Can you help me?

Hello guys, I solved the problem finally. Thanks god.:slight_smile: I open the ā€œVisual Studio Installerā€ and run ā€œRepairā€ mode, then the problem has been disappeared.

Work for me on 4.19.2 thank you so much!

Geez, Louise, chicken n cheese!! I canā€™t believe that worked. I always keep forgetting that Windows registry can be such a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , conflicting with programs, time and time again. THE EPIC COMMUNITY ROCKS WITH SUPPORT!!

Dear Matan19,sorry for interrupting ,I have a trouble with compilation from UE4 launcher and canā€™t find the solutionā€¦ I have reinstalled UE4 and VS 2017 , I have all SDK packages, but still get this message errorā€¦ could you tell me please ,how to solve this problem ? oh and also I have problem with ā€œstdafx.hā€. My VS says that it need ā€œpch.hā€ instead of ā€œstdafx.hā€.

Here is a screenshot. Is it possible,that the problem in pre-compilation title and thats the reason of ā€œno such file or directoryā€?

Btw sorry for stupid question,Iā€™m just a noob at this and learningā€¦ Just canā€™t watch next lessons because of this problemā€¦ I would be glad if you or may be someone from your acquainted or friends knew the solution. Waiting for your reply. Thank you

This doesnā€™t work for me. Iā€™ve been stuck on this for 4 days now - made sure the registry keys are all correct, repaired the installation etc, nothing works. So disappointing.

Just to clarify, this is not working for me on 4.23.0, with both VS 2017 and VS 2019.

What exactly do you mean by ā€œdoes not workā€ / ā€œnothing worksā€ ? What error are you seeing? even if itā€™s almost the same as mine, write it again. The path is probably different, or something is.
Also, you wrote all registry keys are correct. What is ā€œcorrectā€ ? Either post an image of all your keys / list them. The relevant ones, the ones in the directory, that is. (e.g. key ā€œ15.0ā€)

p.s.
Try to explain what things are rather than what they are not, specially when describing problems. ā€œnot workingā€ has no meaning, and it really makes it difficult for people to help you.

Hi!I cant see the sxs file-

Thanks in advance!!!

This is resolved for me, thank u bro <3