Video tutorial for Lighting, Particle Systems, and Post Process Effects

Hi there!

Looked all over the place for an in-depth video and creative approach detailing Lighting, Particle Systems, and Post Process Effects. Unfortunately haven’t seen any that please me or teach me enough.

Because the aren’t any official ones (that I’ve seen of, aside from the 3-part Visual Effect videos), would like to know if you guys found anything worth noting.

Mainly interested on the theory of what light needs to go where and with what config, including the reflection captures.

Thanks!

Hi Insane Goblin,

Have you had a chance to look at the “Content Examples” included with UE4? There are some good examples in the demo rooms that show off some features within the materials and blueprints. While these are not videos there is a lot of helpful information included with how specific materials, particles, and post process volumes are set up and work.

You can also check out some of our documentation in the event you missed it.

Particles and Effects (Link Here)
Post Process Effects (Link Here)
Post Process Materials (Link Here)
Lighting (Link Here)

I hope this gives you some of the information you’re looking for.

Also, I know the community has been very active producing tutorials on YouTube detailing some of these pages in more detail.

Thanks!

Tim

Thanks Tim, for some reason I forgot about the written documentation.

Will check it out!

Glad to help!

For future reference if you go to Docs.UnrealEngine.com it is a very powerful search feature that will search all of AnswerHub, Documentation, the UE4 Wiki, forums, and API for anything related to your search. It’s a very helpful page! :slight_smile:

Tim