Video rendered from unreal is 41% smaller than Maya Playblast

Hi, everyone. I’m having this weird problem and have been solving it for three days, but it just didn’t work out.

I used Maya 2018.5 to animate my movie, and then exported my characters animation and environment using alembic; exported camera using FBX.

I imported those abc files into unreal using geometry cache. Created a new level sequence, add a camera and import camera FBX file. Also, I threw my character geometry cache into the sequence. So far so good. My character started moving, as did my camera.

Then, the weird thing happened. I added my camera to Camera Cuts and rendered my video using Movie Render Quene. After I got my video from unreal. I discovered that Maya playblast and unreal render didn’t match. It didn’t line up.

In after effect, I scaled the unreal render from 100% to 159%, and it lined up perfectly.
I did make sure the film back infomation and focal length is the same. I’m wondering if anyone knows what the problem is?

Hi There,i was facing the same issue when i was started UE4 i have a solution for this i think this will work for you…some time when you import Cam from Maya it’s didn’t matched 100… see the attach file you will see on Camera setting by default it on [ 16:9 Film ] or custom you have to change it [ 16:9 DSLR ],its work for me i hope you will got your solution

Hi! @Hammadcgi, Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, I have a custom aspect ratio set up in maya. My video size is 2048*858, so setting it into DSLR doesn’t fit my scenario.

328941-擷取.png