VICODynamics: a particle based Soft-Body physics Plugin

Hi, my apologies if I missed your email. Pretty rare for me. When did you send it and to which email?

No problem, happens to me from time to time :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve sent you an e-mail on monday the 22nd and mailed it to ujen@.com and vdbeta@.com

If you want me to send it to another address , just let me know.

Thanx

I believe I just replied to your email, let me know if you received it.

Again, apologies for the delay; been swamped this week.

Thanx a lotā€¦ got your message and replied :wink:

Iā€™ve sent you an email a few days ago regarding VICO Dynamics, please get back to me ASAP :slight_smile:

Hi xlar80r, actually replied to you last weekā€¦ You asked about a trial, if I remember correctly. Iā€™ll answer you here as well, since others may have the same question.

Basically, there is no Trial version of this plugin. At least not yet, because I have not figured out a good way to set that up.

Hope this helps and apologies if the email did not reach you.

I donā€™t have anything on my mail :S Did you reply with the same email? itā€™s xlar8or not xlar80r, maybe youā€™ve wrote my email address wrong? Do you have a skype? I wanted to screen share so you can tell if your lib allows me to do something specific for my game.

Hi, I came across your old plugin thread and this new plugin thread. Iā€™m still learning the ropes (HA!) with the new engine and I was wondering if these simulations are network synchronized and fully functional in a multi-client environment? I know in previous versions of the Unreal Engine that there were a lot of physics interactions that were client side only and were not replicated authoritatively between clients.

Hi! I sent an email to vdbeta@.com asking about early access ot the plugin as well as a few other questions. Just pinging you here in case you missed it. I sent the email from David.Sursely[at]gmail[dot]com . Really impressive work! I hope to hear from you soon!

Just replied to you. Let me know if it did not go through.

Right, I had an another developer ask a similar question and the way youā€™ll want this setup IF your gameplay depends on the soft body physics is along the lines of:

• Run the actual physics sim on the server
  • Sync clients to the simulated results and render everything client-side.

This way everyone sees the same interaction, but it will be affected by lag and latency so interpolation will be needed. Or you could run the simulation on everyone and periodically sync the position and velocity data across the clients.

This is not built into the plugin since every game will have its own approach, but it is doable.

Hope this helps.

I sent you an email to ujen@.com my email is cristineltr[at]gmail[dot]com

Replied this morning.

Quick update:

Plugin has been updated to 4.11, grab the latest version in the master branch.

Still waiting for your answer.

You are inquiring about a trial, correct?

No, my last post was asking if you have skype so that i could show you what we need and you can tell us if VICO Dynamics allows that or not.

Ah, thatā€™s right! Iā€™m sorry, it is best to email me regarding previous exchenges. Could you drop me an email and weā€™ll pick it up there? Thanks

Iā€™ve sent the email :slight_smile:

I have sent an email too to vdbeta@.com (from syed at onepixeltech dot com). Btw, does the binary support 4.8.3? If not I may need to upgrade to 4.11.