VERY unstable

[=omarev;359300]
I also have many crashes only on editing mode, I have a macbook pro 2012 10GB RAM Nvidia 680M with 512MB, I only want to make mobile content focused on IOS but Unreal Editor is really TOO unstable at least on OS X. I’m tired of restart the editor again and again. Another thing while I have opened the editor consume 120% of the CPU making my MBP a toaster even if a don’t do nothing only with the editor opened. is really a huge disappointment, any way I WILL RETURN TO UNITY 3D.
[/]

Hi omarev,

Have you posted to the forums or the answerhub with the problems you are experiencing? We’re more than happy to take a look (if you could, post the links here so I can access the specific questions)! What scalability settings are you currently using? Which engine version are you using? Do you have a callstack from the crash you are experiencing?

Yeah I’ve found the editor extremely unstable as well depending on what you’re doing. Anim blueprints in particular cause me to randomly crash. I think that is fixed in 4.9 at least.

[=omarev;359300]
I also have many crashes only on editing mode, I have a macbook pro 2012 10GB RAM Nvidia 680M with 512MB, I only want to make mobile content focused on IOS but Unreal Editor is really TOO unstable at least on OS X. I’m tired of restart the editor again and again. Another thing while I have opened the editor consume 120% of the CPU making my MBP a toaster even if a don’t do nothing only with the editor opened. is really a huge disappointment, any way I WILL RETURN TO UNITY 3D.
[/]

It’s possible that it might be due to your hardware, not that it’s not capable but it’s not standard Mac hardware

[=CodeSpartan;223104]
Did get fixed? I renamed and moved some assets today in order for the names to conform to our team’s naming convention, and now I have the same bug - editor crashes on start, trying to allocate 18446744073709551614 bytes (17179869184 GB).alotofbytes.png
[/]

Total shot in the dark and yes I know is an old question but did you try to fix up the redirectors on your packages. Here is a link to where you can read more about what is and how to do it.

.unrealengine/latest/INT/Engine/Basics/Redirectors/index.html