Verse Internal Error

Please select what you are reporting on:

Verse

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Stability

Summary

Since the 26.10 update, all my projects crash if I don’t push any changes (Verse or ‘all’) before starting the map.
I think the error comes from weak_maps because these don’t seem to work the 2nd time you Start Game.
Very Consistent on all projects that shares the same utility code.

Maybe it’s an @editable string property from an inherited parametric class that uses this weak_map also?

Steps to Reproduce

• Use weak_map?
  • Start a round
  • End Game
  • Start again

Expected Result

Starting Game the 2nd time should work the same way as the 1st

Observed Result

First match works, second doesn’t

Platform(s)

PC

@im_a_lama - could I get your island code? Feel free to DM!

I think I’m also experiencing the same issue. Started seeing Verse Internal Error the second time playing in a session, along with a weak_map related issue.

My project uses weak_map for storing global access to manager classes, including a UI manager that is using signal remote to show my Main Menu.

Before 26.10 update, it worked to show Main Menu every time I’d start the game in a play session.
After 26.10 update, I’m only able to access my Main Menu the first time playing during a session. I have to restart the session for play testing now.

I haven’t had a chance to look into it further since I’ve been focused on another part of the project.

1 Like

@TritonSailor

Nevermind, I found the issue, apparently either GetSession() returns the same session after pressing “End Game” and starting again or weak_maps are just broken.
I just clean my weak_map at the start of the round and it now works as it used to.

Either way I’m pretty sure the team is already aware of this.

2 Likes

Your solution is a good workaround. I can’t promise when the fix will go out, other than “soon”.

3 Likes