Verse global variables no longer working, even on previous uploads

Today with the latest update to 26.10 the 25.20 facility for global variables (Patch Notes for Creative, UEFN v25.20 | Fortnite News. ) appears to be broken.

We have been using this to save information between rounds, however this now no longer works, with the values remaining in their default state.

This is causing us problems with our game, but it is perhaps important to note that uploads that previously worked before the update are no longer working, suggesting that this is a problem with the server/backend.

Currently this issue will prevent us from shipping, and might be causing problems for other published games.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The status of UCB-903 incident has been moved from ‘Done’ to ‘Closed’.

15 Likes

Guess it’s a rest day for me then, none of my projects work :smiley:

3 Likes

Same thing here, just stopped working out of nowhere :frowning:

The digest points out this is not the correct way to use global variables as the GetSession() method is not reliable, does anyone know if that’s the case? We really should not be using Global Variables to persist data between rounds?

No it’s just a bug that I hope will receive on hotfix soon, they didn’t talk about it on Fortnite Status though :fearful:

The GetSession() was introduced last update so I guess it’s still fresh. I really hope they fix this soon though

The digest says:

Type for which there is a single instance per round. Use GetSession to get the current round’s session instance.

This means that the session object currently refers to the current round, not the game, so the variables won’t persist between rounds. It’s weird that they broke it but it seems intended, though it may work again in the future:

Note: may be changed in a future release to a single instance per game. Round-local behavior should not be relied upon.

2 Likes

For more infomation.