Reference ID

5cf56093-4d40-f1a8-4006-23853b735b97

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Summary

Vehicle Spawner Device - Collision mismatch/error/gitch

Example: The vehicle spawns (sports car) and glides of the ramp. A player can walk through it without damage.
After some moments, suddenly the player get a collision damage hit but the vehicle (cosmetics) is not at the player location.

Looks like: physics weight mass offset (physics asset + car cosmetics mismatch)

Steps to Reproduce

Place a sports car spawner above a ramp and let it spawn. Walk towards the car and let it hit you.

Expected Result

Car glides through player without collision damage hit. After some moments you get the invisible damage hit.

Observed Result

Impossible for players to predict where they get hit by the vehicle and when

Platform(s)

windows

Additional Notes

this happened after 29.10 update. at 29.00 the vehicle damage hit collision worked fine.

The status of FORT-727670 incident has been moved from ‘Ready for QA’ to ‘Closed’. Resolution Reason: ‘Cannot Reproduce’

Having the exact same issue. Also noticed that vehicles are only rendering in at a specific point in front of me and getting stuck in that area (instead of sliding down the ramp). The vehicles I can see piled up in this area aren’t really there as i’m getting hit by invisible vehicles that I cannot see.

2 Likes

Oh wow I’m having the exact same issue. Hopefully epic can help us resolve it soon!