VDB Crashes UE When is Distance (Path Tracing)

Hello,

After 10 days of searching everywhere, I finally found out that Unreal Engine 5.3.2 crashes when I have a VDB far from the center. This only happens when Path Tracing is toggled on.

The coordinates for your reference:
(X=4813860.210258,Y=-5182445.981034,Z=-1332020.131163)

This is a flying object in space, and so many things are keyframed. I cannot simply bring everything to the center; even if I do, the flying object will quickly fly away far from the center again.

Any suggestions on what I should do? This scene used to work perfectly in UE 5.0.3!

Hey, facing the same issue, any solutions you could find on this?

Greetings @Adberf and @H2o_o

Welcome back to the Unreal Engine Community forum. If you’re both having the same issue, I’d recommend try it in a different version to see if it occurs. If not, I’d try creating a new project in the version of UE you wish to use and migrate the files over then retest. Let me know if it resolves it. I’ll monitor the thread.

Hello @H2o_o @FrostyJas

At first, this issue was resolved when I changed the engine version from 5.3 to 5.4 EA. For this, we had to redo all VDBs optimized for 5.4. As soon as I updated to 5.4.1 I found that the VDB in the far distance did not cause a crash, but instead became super pixilated when the camera is slightly far from the heterogeneous volume. This is the same project file.

Environment (both simultaneously):

1. If: VDB is located in distance
  2. If: Camera is slightly far from the heterogeneous volume

P.S. I tried a variety of VDBs each in different levels and the issue remained persistent.

Any help is appreciated. Many thanks.