Variable Categories order not matching in Details panel

I’ve ordered my variable categories in the blueprint how I want them to show in the details panel but it’s not matching up. Is there a specific way in which the categories order or is there something you have to do to set the order separately for the details panel?

I’m having the same problem. Anyone know of a way to fix this that doesn’t require deleting and recreating all the variables?

Thanks.

This is must have feature. It’s blocking me making commercial blueprint since end results are never been user friendly after several content updates.

Any news about this? How to reorder the categories shown in the details panel of placed blueprints?

yep, same problem here. I’d like a way of customising the order/layout/appearance here.

Bumping this. Anyone have news yet?

New year, new bump!
Is there still no way at all to order categories?

There is a vote for this feature request, started by a dev over at Epic:

There is a vote for this feature request, started by a dev over at Epic:

Is that really the same issue though? The description only mentions reordering event graphs and functions, not variable categories as they appear in the details panel.

I think it’s not about the same issue.

It is, see this thread and search a bit to see related posts: Reorder variable Categories in Class Defaults - Feedback for Unreal Engine team - Unreal Engine Forums

Oh i see, sorry!

Let’s hope that whoever is going to handle the issue is going to dig just as deep and read through that forum post. :slight_smile:

Yes please, the random order of the sections in the details panel is difficult to work with when creating custom classes.

Bumping this up again \o/

Apparently according to later posts in that thread it’s being implemented for 4.18, though there’s been no sign of it in any of the preview builds yet. A little bummed out about it, been so long coming that I don’t think we’ll be able to do yet another engine update on our project to get this functionality if it goes in.

Still an issue in 4.19!

Same issue on 4.20.1

Same issue on 5.1