I’m experiencing a problem with either UV maps or material ID’s in unreal engine. The image below shows a divided black trim and a slightly lighter/greyish trim, the materials should be the same material but they are rendering split like this, the dark black sections are wrong.
I use max to unwrap and set everything up, and i’m not new to it, but i am slightly new to unreal so i was hoping someone may be able to help me with this problem. Here’s the things ive tested and ruled out.
- The material ID’s are all set to 4, which is the correct channel for the material.
- The Smoothing groups appear to be fine in max
- The Normals are flipped correctly.
- No UVs are overlapping, and these are unwrapped and separated properly.
- Lastly i have map in channel 1 as well as channel 2 for the lightmaps.
After checking all these things, I’m stumped. If anyone has any ideas i will happily try them out.