UV Coordinate offset

Is there something inside the material editor that can offset the bitmap?

Like the samething that we have in 3ds max

thanks

Yes, you could use the panner node to offset it. Coordinates Expressions | Unreal Engine Documentation

But with the panner, the offset keep moving, in my case, i did a bad unwrap and i want to correct it my giving a small offset to my bitmap

Not if you give it a constant instead of the time.

Hi,

Instead of a panner, it might be more conservative to use a TextureCoordinate instead.

Cheers,

2 Likes

Well look at that…it work :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks mate!!

yes thats it :smiley:

thank you so much - i set the tiling again to 2, 2 and the image textures to clamp ! then add and substract the uvs to offset the images.
and now the ugly seams finally gone :-D.
i wonder why ceil doesnt work / or floor and the clamp node (min max)
perhaps I’ve overlooked a little thing.

thank you again !!!

Hi KVolger,

What is the Yellow node you are adding to the UV coord?

Sorry… It’s a vector, silly me! Thanks for helping me resolve the issue too =)

Cheers!

Is there a way to clamp the edges, so that it wont tile? I’m trying to get most of the middle bits of my texture to be offset. I’m building a anisotropic shader just like this image here: https://i.stack.imgur.com/n3OfK.jpg

Thanks for you help! :slight_smile:

Life Saver.

It seems like panner now defaults to game time, and even with putting a constant in the field it still seems to pan. Is there an updated way to offset a UV now? It seems really basic, so I feel like I must be missing something obvious.

Edit: I realized I could just check a material I knew worked and had an offset parameter. I recreated it in a simpler way without panner like this:

(In case that image gets destroyed in a migration, I’m using MakeFloat2 to make the offset, then using the Add node to add to TexCoord, then passing that into the UV of my texture sample.)