Using Unreal for Scientific Visualization of volumetric meshes

As indicated in the title, I am inquiring as to whether or not Unreal can be used for scientific visualization purposes. In particular, if Unreal has the ability to visualize volumetric meshes (e.g. tetrahedral, hexahedron meshes) as well as having methods that would allow someone to slice through the geometry. It is probably important to note that these geometries can have scalar (and sometimes vector) properties attributed to either the vertices or the cells, as well as both. This implies an additional requirement that Unreal has methods that maps scalar values to color tables - e.g. color maps.

Thank you

Hey Muunich.

Unreal engine is not the most reliable for scientific means. It is optimised for speed and not for accuracy, This means that a lot of the calculations are not always super accurate.

Meshes are all polygon meshes.

Even though I am looking into into Unreal for scientific applications my priorities are for speed and not accuracy. In particular, my motives are visualizing massive datasets, and would like to take advantage of the limitless geometry from the upcoming release of UE5, without generating LODs.

Your comment on calculations not being always super accurate is very vague and unclear. Which calculations? Depending on what exactly you are referring to, it may not matter for my specific application.

Also, volumetric meshes (e.g. tetrahedral meshes) are instances of polygonal meshes (e.g. collections of vertices, edges, and faces).