Download

Using texture coordinates on Texture Object, or alike?

Hi all, if this is in the wrong section, please move :slight_smile:

So, I’m new to the whole Unreal thing. I have a texture I am trying to apply to multiple objects. At first the texture appears at different 90 degree angles and scales on all objects. So, following this, in the material editor, I plugged a texture and a normal into WorldAlignedTexture and WorldAlignedNormal, which aligned all textures the way i wanted them to. Problem now is they’re the wrong scale.

Now, I’m aware you can plug a ‘Texture Sample’ into a texture coordinate node, which will universally change the size of the texture, but I cannot plug the texture coordinate into a ‘Texture Object’

So the way it goes, I can EITHER have every texture positioned how I want them, but too small, OR the textures the right scale, but at all varying angles.

My question is; is there a way to apply ‘WorldAlignedTexture’ and a ‘Texture Coordinate’ into a ‘Texture Sample’ or ‘Texture Object’?

Forgive me if it sounds confusing. It isn’t easy to explain.

All I’m trying to do is have all textures aligned the way I want them, but also scaled to the size I want them.

I can provide extra information if needed.

Thanks in advance, would really appreciate any help!

SOLVED;

Simple logic overlook. Just had to plug a scalar parameter into V3 of the WorldAligned node.

:slight_smile: