Using make literal enum in BTTask_BlueprintBase causes problems

I created an enum and used make literal enum to use it in my BTTask_BlueprintBase. This caused blueprint to have to be recompiled everytime editor was opened and also caused cooking to fail in 4.4. Removing this entire and just setting value fixed both problems. Based on error message I would maybe guess it’s related to an earlier bug report I filed.

13919-works+fine.png

Hey ,

I’m not getting this behavior when I feed a Literal enum into a Set Blackboard Value as Enum. Can you attach output log after cooking fails? Are you in 4.4.0 or 4.4.1? Thanks!

Hi after an update from a team member it appears to be something else that was causing cooking to fail. We’re using 4.4.1. Yeah I tried making a new project and it seemed to work so I’m not sure what I’ve done wrong in our current project.

Yeah it recompiles and works fine for rest of time project is open. It’s just every time after first opening editor and playing, it says blueprint has an error and needs to be recompiled.

Does it recompile after that error appears, and does recompiling remove error?

Hi ,

Sorry for delay in response. We’re still not able to reproduce issue you described, but I have seen another user with a similar issue recently. Does this only occur with custom enums? If you delete that enum asset and create a new one, replacing reference to it in your blueprints, does error recur? Let me know if you have time to test this for me. Thanks!

Hey ,

We haven’t heard back from you in awhile, so I am marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this issue after opening a copy of project in 4.5, please feel free to reopen post and we’ll continue investigating. Thanks!