Using C++ with the engine installed from the launcher

Ok, so I can’t compile any code that I try to add with C++. Every time I get this error:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command ““D:\Programs D\Unreal\Unreal Engine\4.6\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” HelloWorld2Editor Win64 Development “C:\Users\oskar\Documents\Unreal Projects\HelloWorld2\HelloWorld2.uproject” -rocket” exited with code -1.

I assume that Visual Studio is just not setup properly or something along those lines. But all I have found for setting it up are for the git versions of unreal and tell you to run the GenerateProjectFiles.bat file which I don’t have.

I am using version 4.6.1 of the engine, VS community 2013 and running on windows 8.1.

When working from the “default Epic Releases” I used to do this way:

• Created the project or update the existing one.
  • Generate Visual Studio Project files (right click above the project on Explorer)
  • Open the project on Editor, not on VS.
  • From File menu Add Code To Project.
  • Unreal will take care from configure everything and offer an option to you edit your new code class, if you do so, VS will open with build configured plus exactly on your solution.

When you add things right from VS, it’s a mess. LOL