Using 3D widget with widget interaction component creates constant hover and unhover events

Hi all,

I’m hoping this is the right place to ask about problems I’m having as I would normally use the answerhub but it appears to be down for maintenance…

I’m making a VR project and am running into an issue with 3D widgets. I’ve got a 3d widget component in my player character showing them a menu, and I also have a widget interaction component attached to the MotionController so that the user can interact with this menu. Interaction works mostly fine - I can click on buttons and do all the things I need to do - but when I hover over a button instead of just firing the hover event once, it fires a continuous stream of hover/unhover events meaning I can’t do stuff like playing hover sounds without spamming the user with sound. I have used 3D widgets before in this project for the home menu and hovering was working fine there - so maybe it could be something to do with having the interaction component and the widget component both being in the same blueprint?

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Note - I did see a forum post with someone talking about this same issue, and a few people responding saying it was the same for them, but no answers or suggestions. So I know I’m not the only one!

Thanks for any help you can give!

This happened when i had multiple widget interactions and didnt set my pointer index to be different on all of them - select your widget interaction components and make sure each has a unique pointer index

2 Likes