Use - d3ddebug to enable the d3d debug device

Hi AlucardZetsu,

Has this been resolved? I assume that UE does not like having other software interfering with the fps count on tick; try and disable those software from the task manager, if you have any.

If you get any editor(UE) logs about this, it would be good to have a look at it to figure out when the process goes wrong.

This was happening to me in UE 5.0.3 on a pretty basic content project. Removing all Alienware software from my Dell fixed the problem! There are two services running in the BG that appeared to be the main culprits but I just uninstalled anything that said Alienware for insurance.

Thanks!

I had the same issues with my nvidia 3080 fe and ryzen 5600x CPU. If you have RivaTuner running then that is most likely the problem, I closed it down and I no longer had any crashes. Hopefully this helps

I had the same problem with Radeon 6800xt.I disabled it in the driver Radeon image sharpening and Chill options.

its beacuse of using raytracingā€¦dont use it

Hello everyone, I had this problem and tried EVERYTHING related to the system, but nothing worked, including reinstalling Windows.

I was using cable extensions for PCIe, and it only worked on PCIe 3.0. So, I plugged my GPU into the motherboard and switched PCIe to 4.0, and now itā€™s working better than it ever has before.

Iā€™m trying to open a 5.2 project and it will almost load then crash saying:
GPU Crashed or D3D Device Removed.

Use -d3ddebug to enable the D3D debug device.
Check log for GPU state information.

Help Please.

Hyper0206 solution worked for me:

So changing the renderer from DX12 to DX11 in UE5.1 worked for me.

In your UE project, go to project settings> search ā€˜RHIā€™> Platforms Windows> change ā€˜Targeted RHIsā€™ from DX12 to DX11

Setting ReflectionCaptureResolution to 128 from 256 fixed the wonkiness for me when trying to open the Lyra sample project.

This YouTube video by JSFILMZ helped me a lot.

Engine: 5.3
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT
32 GB Ram

I tried opening Lyra and it showed this problem. The solution was "LyraStarterGame\Config\DefaultEngine.ini"
r.RayTracing=True->False
r.Lumen.HardwareRayTracing=True->False
r.ReflectionCaptureResolution=256->16 //Donā€™t think this did anything much, but still I changed this too. First try above two.

I have AMD Radeon 6900xt

1 Like

Kudos @JagNirMania1,
that fixed my ā€œGPU Crashed or D3D Device Removedā€ problem too.

Setup:

• fresh Lyra project installation 5.3
  • UE 5.3.1 installed
    ā†’ ā€œGPU Crashed or D3D Device Removedā€ instant crash after project load

Fix:
-LyraStarterGame\Config\DefaultEngine.ini
r.RayTracing=True->False
r.Lumen.HardwareRayTracing=True->False

Ryzen 5700G / 32GB
RX 6600 / 8GB
Adrenalin 23.9.3

1 Like

Hello, I just solved it by downloading and reinstalling the latest version of DirectX12, greetings!