.uproject does not look like uproject file but no targets have been found!

I am first time trying to package project. I get this error message and packaging fails:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: C:\Users\janih\Documents\Unreal Projects\SuunnistusTest\SuunnistusTest.uproject does not look like uproject file but no targets have been found!

PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

What can cause this and how i can fix it ?

5 Likes

Do you make a C++ module? Probably some module or target cs file are missing.
Or maybe something wrong with the uproject file, open it with a text editing program and see if there is something not right.

I only use nodes. How i can check that uproject file everything is correct ?
It’s complaining about level file but i can’t open it with text editor (even i could i have no idea what to look for).

1 Like

Before this error there is this line:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): SuunnistusTest.uproject requires a temporary target.cs to be generated (MeshModelingToolset plugin is enabled)

Does it have any connection to this error?

I solved this issue by installing Visual Studio 2022. After installing it i did not get this error anymore and packaking was working.

15 Likes

I got the same error installed visual studio opened a c++ document, and i still get the same error pop up. Any fixes?

Thank you so, so much. This is exactly the problem I was having and Visual Studio 2022 fixed it.

2 Likes

hello i just installed visual studio but i don’t know what to install in visual studio to fix the bug could someone tell me what should i install . good night

(369) How to setup Visual Studio for Unreal Engine - YouTube

This video shows how to and what to install. I just chosee 2022 version to install.

5 Likes

Thank you so much; that method solved my problem.

1 Like

Thanks, this + latest .Net framework worked like a charm! :sparkles:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 was the proper solution

1 Like

im going to try it. hopefully it works

i found it, you need to install visual studio 2022 with the option for the game development C++ etc

Epic :raised_hands:

Hey @Veijoska!

Were any of these a fix for your issue? Let us know, mark a solution so others can benefit! :slight_smile:

works like charm brother . Thank you so much !

but i use blueprints then what to do ?

I had the same problem but it was because I had enabled DLSS plugin. Once disabled, it packaged normally.

Thank you for this tip and link ! :smiley: It made my day trying to export as .exe. as an absolute beginner. Both Visual Studio 2022 and Visual Studio 2019 was asked for in the output log so I checked them in the side bar when installing. (and you won´t need Incredibuild)