.uproject does not look like uproject file but no targets have been found!

Just wanted to share…

In an organization I worked with where getting Visual Studio 2022 licenses nor installing Visual Studio Community / MSBuild tools are not an option, especially for users who don’t really need to code and just make content in the engine and test on device, our solution was simply:

1. Go To Packaging Options
  2. Set Build to Never

Do note that we were doing that from an Unreal Engine that was built from source and we distribute the final binary version within the organization. So I suppose this could work for those who experience the issues on purely-Blueprint projects on vanilla engines downloaded from Epic.

2 Likes

Although this post is over a year old, its one of the first results when searching for this issue. I’ve managed to fix this issue even though i was getting it with Visual studio 2022 already installed.

The issue is that the package ‘Requires’ plugins that you have disabled to be enabled, based on what your .uproject needs.

The solution for me was to Edit my .uproject with notepad and remove any plugins there that I wasn’t using, basically any plugin that had ‘False’ by it I deleted the reference to it!

hopefully this helps anyone that comes across this post again! as I spent a while trying to figure this out!