Update 4.1 is live!

[= Vogel;22708]
RE: Elemental. We ran into some last minute technical difficulties with the Elemental demo.

For those into details, there is a bug in 4.1 with the code generating the shader cache for the Elemental package, resulting in shaders being invalidated needlessly. It seems to be sufficient to repackage Elemental with a build that has the fix even though 4.1 doesn’t have the fix, so that is what is going on right now. Sounds pretty simple, but when you add build processes, QA, distribution, etc. to the mix that kind of stuff ends up adding up and we weren’t able to release at the same time :frowning:
[/]

So, it IS fixed now? Or it will be in 4.2?

I am already a active member, how do I download the new elemental demo?

Totally Epic dudes! WHAT?!. console support as well now? This is truly UNREAL!

Ok never mind I just restarted launcher xD Thanks epic for the Elemental Demo! I highly appreciate it!

How do you export a project to Linux? It says something about building from … is this one of those “if you have to ask, you shouldn’t be messing with it” things? I only see Windows and a bunch of Android options for building out a project.

Is the elemental demo compatible with 4.0.2?

Epic,

You guys and gals are , thank you again for your hard efforts to bring this to us so fast !

Cheers!

New: Maximum angular velocity of a BodyInstance has been exposed in code and blueprints.

New: Pawns will now collide with destructible mesh. Large and small chunks can be set to get different interaction with pawn.

Yaaaaay!

Been waiting for both of these for months!

Thank you Epic!

:slight_smile:

The elemental looked much better 2 years ago, was it because of the SVOGI?

Do you have to download the math separately? I did not see it in the downloads? Or maybe I just did not look hard enough.

Again Awesomeness!! :smiley:

[=Errvald;22900]
The elemental looked much better 2 years ago, was it because of the SVOGI?
[/]

Probably.

[=Samsterdam;22903]
Do you have to download the math separately? I did not see it in the downloads? Or maybe I just did not look hard enough.
[/]

Math is part of Content Examples. You may have to re-download Content Examples.

@Epic: Will the users be able to see the news feed even if we cancelled our subscription? I heard that canceling subscription will deny Marketplace access so i was wondering if its the same for News Feed.

Problem =( When I installed the update UE4 is working very slowly and take 100% of the CPU! When I was using 4.0.2 it was running correctly and every thing is fine, Any solution ??

After downloading the v3_clang-3.3_ld-2.24_glibc-2.12.2, how can I use it? Where to put its files? How to make the Linux packaging option appear in the editor. Thanks.

[]
@Epic: Will the users be able to see the news feed even if we cancelled our subscription? I heard that canceling subscription will deny Marketplace access so i was wondering if its the same for News Feed.
[/]

Worth noting that a canceled subscription is not necessarily a lapsed subscription.

The intent for a lapsed subscription is for you to not be able to download versions released after your subscription lapsed. Content releases are currently tied to version # so if your subscription lapsed before the release of 4.1 you won’t be able to download say Elemental. You can still see what is available if you were to re-subscribe. Plus you will be able to use the market place to purchase items even with a lapsed subscription.

[=Konesoft;22932]
Problem =( When I installed the update UE4 is working very slowly and take 100% of the CPU! When I was using 4.0.2 it was running correctly and every thing is fine, Any solution ??
[/]

I can’t read any notice about a fix, i uninstall 4.0.2 and don’t known if i must reinstall or they are working on it.

FAIL released.

[=knack;23035]
I can’t read any notice about a fix, i uninstall 4.0.2 and don’t known if i must reinstall or they are working on it.

FAIL released.
[/]

So you have the same problem, When I updated it yesterday the update’s size was 1.90GB, today, I have deleted all the engine’s files and uninstall it(Also deleted the files in
the ProgramData folder), but the thing is, I’m redownloading it now but now the engine’s size is 2.77GB I don’t understand !

What an update! I’m floored. Wonderful work guys, you’re on the ball and then some!

write a line if you fix that .

i have my CPU at continuos 80%-90% without open any project. Inn the first screen for select projects.

when i click in a blueprint node are very slow, and sometimes freeze for few seconds.

there are more with that error, in high end computer are less noticiable. seems only a perfomance drop but ussable, but in midle and low end computer UE 4.1 ins’t usable.

Still no update to allow the marketplace downlaods to be installed toa different location ?

[=;23054]
Still no update to allow the marketplace downlaods to be installed toa different location ?
[/]

It’s already there. Go to Marketplace, select a map you haven’t downloaded yet and you’ll see the directory button as a link right under the Download button.