Update 4.1 is live!

I see in the UE4.1 info Video the GDC VR Oculus demo in the marketplace, will that be available soon for us?

4.2 in few days? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !

Thanks…Keep up the great work…

PS4 and XBox One at no extra cost, best $19/mo I’ve ever spent. Thanks Epic.

I went home at lunch time and installed 4.1 It is so wonderful. Thanks for the updates Epic. You have made my transition from Unity to UE4 so smooth. The Tutorial are and the frequency of updates is amazing and well.

I never dreamed I could afford a AAA engine. I am at a loss for words to truly convey how wonderful this past three weeks has been.

could you all make some more videos like the ones with Sweeney and the other team members talking about the engine. I really enjoy those. You guys have Rock Star status!!!

Thanks!!!

Anyone else still unable to Download the Elemental Demo? It’s ETA went from 20:00 to 22:30 GMT. o.0 Did I miss something?

I think they just pushed the release back a bit. They usually do this, the marketplace isn’t very stable yet.

Ah. Ok. Makes sense lol. I love UR4!

Keep up the great works, I’m amazed how big this update is, but something mentioned to fix that I wanted is in 4.2, can’t wait for it to happen too.
At this pace, maybe we’ll hit Unreal engine 5 next year, :wink:

Hopefully for 4.2 they have a way to make real time scene captures like in UDK or parallax correct reflections. Its important for mirrors or glass!

Weird minor issue with 4.1: my launcher no longer finds anything for “My Content”, although when I do launch, the Sample Games area is populated under the Projects in the Project Browser. It’s like the launcher no longer recognizes that I downloaded some projects from the marketplace.

[=TheAgent;22669]
Hopefully for 4.2 they have a way to make real time scene captures like in UDK or parallax correct reflections. Its important for mirrors or glass!
[/]

There are already scene capture actors, see “Content Examples/Reflections”.

Hi Stuckbug,

Here is a post on the answerhub that may help with your current issue. Thank you!

[= MAT;22690]
There are already scene capture actors, see “Content Examples/Reflections”.
[/]

Im talking about a different type of scene capture.

That was it, thanks!

RE: Elemental. We ran into some last minute technical difficulties with the Elemental demo.

For those into details, there is a bug in 4.1 with the code generating the shader cache for the Elemental package, resulting in shaders being invalidated needlessly. It seems to be sufficient to repackage Elemental with a build that has the fix even though 4.1 doesn’t have the fix, so that is what is going on right now. Sounds pretty simple, but when you add build processes, QA, distribution, etc. to the mix that kind of stuff ends up adding up and we weren’t able to release at the same time :frowning:

As a side note – the DDC bug is fixed in :slight_smile:

[=TheAgent;22701]
Im talking about a different type of scene capture.
[/]

Care to elaborate? Genuinely interested

Ah, Elemental is up, excited to check it out

Changelog: Mind = blown

Excellent all around.

UDK had render targets that reflect in 3D so when you look at it, its aligned with the reflected world. This is not really supported in UE4 as of yet. So Its next to impossible to create a proper mirror or properly reflected glass. The current Scene capture 2D or even CubeMap does parallax correct.