Update 4.0.2 is live!

Since the launch of UE4, we have been working as quickly as possible to resolve important issues as they have been reported to us. Once a fix has been made, we try to respond directly to the affected users by providing a QFE (“Quick Fix Engineering” – quick focused fixes) which we have been providing on the AnswerHub and right here on the forums.

Once we have accumulated a number of QFEs, we bundle these into a Hotfix, which is a public patch that is auto-downloaded for all.

We have just released our first Hotfix that updates the engine to version 4.0.2!

The issues addressed in this hotfix include:

•          [Windows] Fixed DirectX 11 crash when launching on older GPUs

•          [Windows] Fixed being unable to compile Android projects when launching from the editor

•          [Windows] Fixed crash on startup for some AMD CPUs

•          [Windows] Fixed broken shell extensions when running RegisterShellCommands.bat in GitHub builds using “Run as Administrator”

•          [Windows] Added support files required for Subversion support (preview release)

•          [Windows] Fixed issue where engine could fail to compile with multiple versions of Visual  installed

•          [Mac] Fixed crash on startup caused by certain USB peripherals plugged in

•          [Mac] Fixed logs being cut off after crash

•          [Mac] Fixed crash on startup caused by non-standard maximum number of open files

•          [Mac] Noticeably improved performance on non-Intel GPUs

•          [Mac] Fixed crash on startup running ShooterGame as a standalone game

This hotfix will be automatically applied when you choose Update from the Launcher.

NOTE: If you are using any existing QFE or hotfix Preview, please be sure to remove the command lines for them.

NOTE 2: We are aware that this hotfix is larger than expected (4GB), we apologize for any inconvenience and will work to address this for future updates.

NOTE 3: For source code users, 4.0.2 is also now live on GitHub: github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases/tag/4.0.2-release (be sure to be logged into your GitHub account)

We appreciate your patience and value your feedback while we continue to resolve incoming issues. While the QFEs and Hotfixes are intended to improve stability and remove blockers, we love hearing what you have to say about the engine and tools and what we can do to make things easier or improve your workflow for creating something Unreal.

Please feel free to post any comments or suggestions on the forums HERE as we closely monitor them and value your feedback.

Thanks,

-Epic Support Team

The hotfix 4.0.2 is now live! Thanks for 's help who tested.

Quick question, is it meant to be 4gb?

Wow, that’s awesome. Is the github source version will update soon too?

[=;10212]
Quick question, is it meant to be 4gb?
[/]

Yes, but hopefully only for this one update.

[=eros;10226]
Wow, that’s awesome. Is the github source version will update soon too?
[/]

Yes, very soon. We are working on that currently and expect GitHub to be updated within a few hours.

That’ really nice! Thanks for your hard work!:stuck_out_tongue:

Great thanks!

Sooner than predicted…

For source code users, GitHub 4.0.2 is now LIVE! github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases/tag/4.0.2-release
(be sure to be logged into your GitHub account)

Fresh source code was just uploaded to GitHub for 4.0.2 as well.

Also just a side note. We’re working on getting you guys a fresh snapshot from our main development branch (bleeding edge unstable changes). That should be happening either later tonight or tomorrow!

Amazing! :slight_smile:

That’s awesome news. Thanks for all the hard work.

Thanks for the update.

Hi ,

I got the source code this afternoon and now I see a new release has been made available. I’ve never used git before (TFS dev here :slight_smile: ) and I am a little bit disoriented. How do I update my fork from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2? I’ve looked everywhere on github site…
Is there need to also update the dependencies?

Thanks

[edit]
Never mind, I think I found out how.

Thanks but in the future i think it will be great to use Git not to download de entire source code again, just the 4 or 5 classes that change and overwrite it to just download 1 mb instead of 7gbs again, for the rest its great to see updates in just one week

Great news! i’m already downloading :slight_smile: thank you very much!

Aside from the DirectX 11 crash, everything else is Subversion and GIT support. None of which I need, why did the launch button suddenly become update? This download will take hours, is there a way to just launch the editor so I can continue with my environment?

Fantastic!
I am not joking when I say, I personally experienced a major performance boost. The editor gained a solid 9.4 - 10.8 fps. I am easily running levels with Epic settings at 40+ fps now.
Thanks for the hard work! Can’t wait to see what performance saving updates will be arriving in the future :slight_smile:

My Personal Laptop (General) Specs:
CPU - Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.3GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M | 3gigs DDR5
Ram - 12gigs DDR3

Of course it’s cool that you have fixed the bugs but I’m more concerned with optimization and the size of the games on Android.

Do we also need to download the new third party sources that are on github, or are they still the same from the last release? (the required_[X]of2. files)