[Unresolved external symbol]

Hello!

I have an already working game with BT,services,tasks.
What i want to do is replicate these services,tasks,decorators in C++ so i can make them more customised and eventually want to use 3rd party libraries to process data in service(s) so i can try out myself with machine learning,neural networks.

So i decided to begin with simple stuff however i managed to hit a wall after looking for possible solutions to my problem but couldn’t figure out how to solve it based on the answers.

Anyway i just want to make a new task node in C++ that i could use in the editor as a building block.
Here is the header file:

// Fill out your copyright notice in the Description page of Project Settings.

#pragma   once

#include "BehaviorTree/BTTaskNode.h"
#include "MyBTTaskNodeTest1.generated.h"

UCLASS()
class MYPROJECT_API UMyBTTaskNodeTest : public UBTTaskNode
{
	GENERATED_BODY()

virtual EBTNodeResult::Type ExecuteTask(UBehaviorTreeComponent& OwnerComp, uint8* NodeMemory) override;

};

Here i read some solutions suggested to include the myproject_api part,then there was one where the generated_body() part was something else so it had to be changed to the one i am already using.
I started out the way it is now so that can’t be the problem afaik.

And the .cpp file:

// Fill out your copyright notice in the Description page of Project Settings.

#include "MyProject.h"
#include "MyBTTaskNodeTest.h"
#include "BehaviorTree/BlackboardComponent.h"
#include "Runtime/AIModule/Classes/AIController.h"
#include "Runtime/AIModule/Classes/Blueprint/AIBlueprintHelperLibrary.h"

EBTNodeResult::Type UMyBTTaskNodeTest::ExecuteTask(class UBehaviorTreeComponent & OwnerComp, uint8 * NodeMemory)
{
	//Get controller of the owner component
	AAIController* AICon = Cast<AAIController>(OwnerComp.GetAIOwner());

//check if it's valid
	if (AICon == nullptr) 
	{
		return EBTNodeResult::Failed;
	}

//check if the pawn is valid
	if (AICon->GetPawn() == nullptr)
	{
		return EBTNodeResult::Failed;
	}

//If both valid get the blackboard component of the pawn
	AActor* Pawn = nullptr;
	UBlackboardComponent* BlackboardComp = nullptr;
	if (AICon && (AICon->GetPawn()) )
	{
		Pawn = AICon->GetPawn();
		BlackboardComp = UAIBlueprintHelperLibrary::GetBlackboard(Pawn);
	}

//If the blackboard component is valid print out a text
	if (BlackboardComp) 
	{
		UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("BlackBoardComponent successfully found!"));	
		return EBTNodeResult::Succeeded;
	}

return EBTNodeResult::Type();
}

When i compile in VS it gives 0 errors or warnings and everything goes smooth!
However when i try to compile in the Unreal Editor i get the following errors:
CompilerResultsLog:Error: Error MyBTTaskNodeTest.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: virtual void __cdecl IGameplayTaskOwnerInterface::OnGameplayTaskActivated(class UGameplayTask &)” (?OnGameplayTaskActivated@IGameplayTaskOwnerInterface@@UEAAXAEAVUGameplayTask@@@Z)
CompilerResultsLog:Error: Error MyProject.generated.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: virtual void __cdecl IGameplayTaskOwnerInterface::OnGameplayTaskActivated(class UGameplayTask &)” (?OnGameplayTaskActivated@IGameplayTaskOwnerInterface@@UEAAXAEAVUGameplayTask@@@Z)
CompilerResultsLog:Error: Error C:\UE4_Projects\MyProject\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-MyProject-4703.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I got similar errors before in VS because i didn’t include a header file but eventually solved them.However this time i don’t know what to do.
So my questions:

1. What to do?I see what the error is but this is the first time i run
    into linker issues since i learned
    the basics of C++ with gcc with
    simple classes. So i am not familiar with troubleshooting especially in this case where it works in one enviroment but fails in another.

2. What can i do in the future to avoid
    problems like these?

3. What would be the best
    format,structure for my goal
    with deep learning?Is it good enough
    to use a service,process data in it
    then produce an output and based on that output run a task?

Also if there are suggestions regarding my coding feel free to tell them.(format,etc…).

Solution:
Had to include “GameplayTasks” in the build file even though “AIModule” was already included.

You are the real MVP

In UE 4.17, It raise

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol “public: virtual enum EBTNodeResult::Type __cdecl >UBTTargetPointSelection::ExecuteTask(class UBehaviorTreeComponent &,unsigned char *)” (?>ExecuteTask@UBTTargetPointSelection@@UEAA?>AW4Type@EBTNodeResult@@AEAVUBehaviorTreeComponent@@PEAE@Z)

Any Idea?

I added AIModule and GameplayTask to PublicDependencyModuleNames, still not work.

I’m having the same issue atm, 4.19 tho. Have you found a solution?