UnrealVoxel - blocky Minecraft-like infinite world + download

Hi, what is new, in this new demo except optimization?

In the new version, I have a problem with frame-drop during generation new chunk, this issue in the old version didn’t.

Hey Inferiusx,
For me everything is working well. I can’t notice any generation chunk frame-drop.
If you have access to the plugin you can make some builds on your own and investigate it further.

Is this compatible with multiplayer / dedicated server?

I did it for my purposes, but not for this plugin. You can still play in multiplayer and world should be generated properly on both - client / server, but modifying voxels are not replicated, so this part would you need to create on your own.

[font=comic sans ms]4.21 update is here!!

It seemed that it have not supported network or multiplayer yet.

Hmm no idea, because is well optimized, everything for procedural generation is in code.
It requires 8gb ram and i5, to reach 90 fps

What do you think about moving adding Voxel Toolkit to MP?
What other features would you like to see?

Hi, you have bugs in the demo, and with its update there are more of them. Here they are:

1. The sun’s rays are blinking.
  2. Now, instead of an interactive cursor, just a normal cursor. (fix) also when selecting an item: nothing happens instead of replacing the cursor with an item.
  3. When you overcome a certain distance glare disappear, everything becomes a little gray…

Waiting for corrections, thanks for reading.

Thank you for letting me know. Moving from one version to another of UE4 probably caused these issues.
I will look into it after new year!

Thank you for your work and the 4.21 update .

You’re welcome! I am glad that you like the plugin!!

G’day :slight_smile:

I was wondering if you could provide me with figuring out what to remove in your C++ Class with everything to do with Trees etc? I am adding my own type of stuff and I just want the terrain. Any ideas on what to take out? I’ve never done C++ before and hoping to clean out your class to just a bare terrain generator.

Wow, definitely you mastered it, congratulations!

Thank you very much!

It is amazing. Maybe add biomes?

Right, having biomes would be very useful for people. Currently I improved plugin a lot, converting base functions to code and cleaning all blueprints, so there are only managers and components which are responsible for inventory or voxel generation.
Savegame system is also seperated and not implemented in BP anymore.

The only thing I left in blueprints are widgets which I think it’s exactly how it should be, + some final events for spawning particles etc.
Now it looks much cleaner. I am going to submit it to MP now.

Please let me know what would you see in the next iterations. So far I got a lot of feedback to this plugin and Mission system. So I am focusing on these. Cheers!

Will people who have already bought this have to pay again on the market place?

I will make it accessible from previous website as well. So you will guys get it for free! :slight_smile:

Just submitted the new version to the marketplace! Cleaner, faster with more code implementations and dividing into respective components like inventory, voxel generation.