UnrealVoxel - blocky Minecraft-like infinite world + download

Hey, whole example should be located in Content of the plugin, there is also documentation included: Voxel Sandbox ToolKit for Unreal Engine 4 - Google Docs

If you have any questions just let me know on our discord: TefelDev

1 Like

This looks awesome, Iā€™ll have to tinker with it when I get some time.

2 Likes

Thanks, I think is a really good start if you want to make some cube generation from noise like Minecraft, Cube World. I am sure it can also run on Wandows95 :wink:

2 Likes

Do you have vid making the infinite world map if you do pls send me the link if you dont can you make one :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

The whole series was made on Twitch as a 12h challenge:
https://wwwā€¦com/watch?v=29vUp09JDAg&list=PLgwhqR8QlpRVKQ5JEWcdjV77lex0q-Oth&index=1

thanks but i need landscapes not blocks
@

ok

Hi @,

Iā€™ve started on a project that is using your plugin. Looks great, btw :slight_smile:

Iā€™m on MacOS and am having a problem loading the pluginā€¦

The error occurs as soon as I add the plugin to the project. Iā€™ve tried MacOS 10.14 and 11, reinstalled the plugin into the engine, and completely reinstalled unreal, but hit the same issue each time.

Is anyone else running in MacOS, or experienced this issue? Iā€™m not sure how to go about debugging.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers,

J

2 Likes

Hi!@,I got some questions about this plugin,please help me.
1.Why u used a custom component to build voxel and an actor for chunk?Why not using actor for voxel directly?
2.I canā€™t select and edit a single voxel cube in editor,so I canā€™t make prefab buildings.How can I make voxel cubes selectable and editable?
3.How can a voxel cube know the state of some cubes closely nearby?
4.When will the update come?

1 Like

I can answer most of your questions instead:

• Using a separate actor for each cube would result in overlapping vertices and terrible performance.
  • You canā€™t select individual cubes, because there are no cubes! Each chunk is a separate mesh, which is generated from an array of integers. You can generate structures by setting certain values in this array, and then regenerating the mesh.
  • You require a custom function to check the value of all surrounding indexes (you will likely need to refer to 's videos).
  • I donā€™t know when will send the next update.
1 Like

Hi!@jmancoder Thank you for your help!That really helps me a lot.And if you got a minute,I got a few more questions.
1.Minecraft has some special cubes such as furnance.How to set itā€™s rotation and itā€™s containers?
2.Since there is only one array for all cubes in a chunk.What kind of data structure is best for such requirements?What should I do to add rotation and NBT data for some special cubes?
3.How to update these special cubes if I need them to do some special things every few ticks?And how to make these special cubes expandable?

• The current system passes a normal value into the vertex colours, and then the material uses them to orient the textures. You will need to modify the normal value in C++.
  • You could use Block Entities to store additional data, and then apply that data to the correct index. This entity would be a Blueprint Actor with a few data arrays.
  • Just use the Tick event on the Block Entity.
2 Likes

Thank you very much, it helped me a lot ļ¼

Thanks @anonymous_user_a002689d for explaining that :slight_smile:

@ I was actually wondering about one of your tutorials; how exactly do you remove the chunk border geometry? I have nearly completed your series, yet I cannot seem to remove the borders.

thanks for your sharing! I have 2 questions before purchasing your plugin,

1. Can it export the voxel world to 3d model like obj/fbx?
  2. Can it generate the voxel world in the editor mode so that I can composite other models like house, 3d chararcters?
1 Like

Hi, did you fix it?