UnrealForums Dark Theme

I’ve replaced “sticky” (pinned) and “closed” tags to icons: [SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

Also, fixed this light bar form post #29](UnrealForums Dark Theme - #31 by Zeblote - Community & Industry Discussion - Unreal Engine Forums)

Still dark for me when editing a post.

@Zeblote](CPU utilization - Feedback for Unreal Engine team - Unreal Engine Forums) I see. There is a bug in Chrome/Stylish iframe injection.

This issue is only fixed in Stylus addon.
I’ve added minor tweak to make it less painful in case you don’t want to change addon. You have to switch editor to “source view” and back and it should apply the style.

I’ve added to theme all(I think) the CKE popups.

Could you make clicking the thread title take you to the last read post? I keep clicking that expecting it to work like other forums, but it doesn’t for some reason.

A copy of this thing at the top of the page would also be very useful:

@Zeblote I can’t implement new features, since CSS only allows styling existing ones.

You could use this buttons:

Meanwhile I’ve made theme for AnswerHub: Unreal AnswerHub Dark Theme - Community & Industry Discussion - Unreal Engine Forums

Oh wow I haven’t even noticed that button. It works.

Cant see the icon for topics in which i have left a message.

Sorry for the delay. My bad. There’re many changes in theme. Try to update.
It has option: Replace topic status icons to “notch”. It would show how many your posts there if hovered (as icon does).

For everyone else. Since theme now has many new options, I’d recommend you to go on the userstyles page, open advanced settings and set them. Once they set, the addon would remember the settings (it should at least) and they won’t be lost on every update.

When I edit a post, it still looks like this:

https://puu.sh/xOQjn/de1231bca8.png

Also, how to disable those things being on the right now? I find that very annoying to not be able to see them before the name any more:

https://puu.sh/xOQmG/db4154a7f0.png

And then, could you please add an option to disable that new font you added for names and titles? It’s way too “irregular”, I want the regular plain and simple font there.

[USER=“24522”]John Alcatraz[/USER]
Regarding the Topic Prefixes. This option called: Move Topic Prefix to the right (at first I’ve set it enabled by default, now I’ve changed it to disabled)
The SmallCaps font option called: **Change some typographics to Smallcaps **(I’ve also set it back to disabled by default)

The dark font may be an issue caused by Stylish for Chrome bug (it’s still not fixed). You probably should switch to Stylus addon.
Option 2 (that IMO is crappy, but works):
Enable and disable Source Mode

Awesome, thanks!

Switched to the stylus addon now, there the edit boxes work fine :slight_smile:

Firefox users:
Stylish recently got updated to v3. And theme may look broken. Well, it’s Stylish issue (probably same bug that persist on Chrome).
You may downgrade to stylish v2 or install Stylus for Firefox.

Holy. I’ve just noticed that link on theme was broken… (pointed to pastebin)
https://userstyles.org/styles/147773/unrealengine-forums-dark-theme

@franktech I’m using Stylus (an open source alternative GitHub - openstyles/stylus: Stylus - Userstyles Manager )

@S-ed The dark forum theme no longer seems to work for me - is that an issue with my setup, or does it require an update?

It’s broken atm. Thanks to forum update. I’m just waiting when it’s settled. Cause seems forums still have some issues even w/o my theme involved.
You may add DarkReader addon to fix part of the issues.

I’ve started to rewrite the Theme using new features, like UserCSS, Stylus preprocessor and variables to customize the colors with UI.

https://gist.github.com/S-ed/23f6628…ef7847c02dd1f6

^
Should work. Mostly.
Best way is to remove old theme, and add new one with UserCSS checkbox selected.

Also you now have options to change colors (partially, as only part of that implemented). Just Click the gear icon.
You also have access to more colors in the beginning of the document.