Unreal Windows packaging error: Assertion failed CurrentApplication.IsValid()

Desperate help needed as exe is due end of week and I can’t compile. The colleague in-charge left my the source code and disappear, I am able to run it on the editor, but not able to compile with the following error. Please advice thanks!

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: appError called: Assertion failed: CurrentApplication.IsValid() [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Public\Framework\Application\SlateApplication.h] [Line: 255]
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: begin: stack for UAT
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error:
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: CurrentApplication.IsValid() [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Slate\Public\Framework\Application\SlateApplication.h] [Line: 255]
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff878dbf356 UnrealEditor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff878dcc752 UnrealEditor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff878da7223 UnrealEditor-Slate.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000002cb82bee58b UnrealEditor-Text3D.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000002cb82bce556 UnrealEditor-Text3D.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000002cb82bcfa44 UnrealEditor-Text3D.dll!UnknownFunction
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff87e317828 UnrealEditor-Core.dll!UnknownFunction

1 Like

Its me (with my personal account). I haven’t find out the solution and reason for the problem yet, Tired half of this but doesn’t work yet: The problem of the form "Error: [Callstack] *your hexadecimal number* UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []"
KIV.

Just an update. Upon tracing I see the major course of it is "LogModuleManager: Display: Unable to bootstrap from archive " , which would be easier to google…