Unreal Vehicle game won't package//error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'sicudt.lib'

I was trying to package unreals vehicle sample game in UE 4.10 but the project wont package, the output log reports the above mentioned error.

Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘sicudt.lib’

I have VS2015 installed.

What can be done to solve this?
log
log

Hello Druki,

I have attempted to reproduce your issue, but I was able to successfully package the Vehicle template project.

When you installed Visual Studio 2015, did you ensure to include the C++ and Common Tools options?

Did you make any changes to the vehicle template project before packaging?

Hello,
I have VS2015 with the mentioned tools, I deleted the vehicle game project, after you said it works, and then created it again, now it successfully packages.

I do have another version of the project in which I migrated assets from the advance vehicle template and made some blueprint changes (nothing C++), that one still can’t package, I thought it was because of the vehicle game…
Packaging that project now causes the build tool to crash, which it didn’t before, the only thing I did that could have made a difference in the meantime was deleting Visual Studio 2013.

I am glad to hear that you are now able to successfully package the vehicle project.

In regards to your other project, was the other version of the project also created in 4.10, or was it created in an earlier version of the engine?

It was created in 4.10 also.

When the build tool crashes, are you getting a Crash Reporter window, or does it just stop working? If you are getting a Crash Reporter window, please copy your Machine ID from the window and send the crash report.

I don’t get a crash reporter window, just a windows popup that says unrealbuildtool has stopped working. The engine doesn’t crash.

Thank you for clarifying that. Do you have any steps I can follow to reproduce this issue? I’ve tried to reproduce this by making some changes and adding a few blueprints of my own to the vehicle template, but I haven’t had any issue packaging.

I don’t know, i did change the name of the project, maybe that did something.
Now I migrated most of the blueprints from the old to the new vehicle game project (the one that did successfully package), and it still successfully packages, so I can’t say why the original and subsequent problems.
I stopped working in that project, made a new one, only blueprints, so as far as I’m concerned we can put this question to rest.

I thank you for your time and help, and if you would like me to do or check something more, please say.